? Tapered neck on chamber reamer specs?

tribb

Should I be concerned about the tapered neck on the 264 Winchester magnum chamber reamer? If it's a concern how do I go about having it corrected I'm having a rifle built and it is not chambered yet what should I do? Thank you for all your contributions .Tribb

What do you think is to be concerned with it? Are you planning to neck turn all your cases? If you download the SAAMI pdf of chamber and cartridge prints you will find many cartridges with tapered necks. If you have any 264 loaded cases around, measure the neck at base and mouth. It will likely have a taper.

It is of no concern whatsoever. There is no correction needed, as this is virtually standard on most neck designs.
My custom reamer still has this feature, only the throat diameter, taper & length are different as is the datum on the shoulder is only .010" above brass dimension.

Cheers.

What do you think is to be concerned with it? Are you planning to neck turn all your cases? If you download the SAAMI pdf of chamber and cartridge prints you will find many cartridges with tapered necks. If you have any 264 loaded cases around, measure the neck at base and mouth. It will likely have a taper.
Good to know that Thanks Tribb

It is of no concern whatsoever. There is no correction needed, as this is virtually standard on most neck designs.
My custom reamer still has this feature, only the throat diameter, taper & length are different as is the datum on the shoulder is only .010" above brass dimension.

Cheers.
Thank you sir. Do you need to neck turn your cases fired in chambers made with the custom reamer ? Tribb

Recent Posts