TAC Elite and Ordnance Crossbow Review

ADMIN

Administrator
We have been quite eager to publish a review of the TAC Elite and TAC Ordnance crossbows. So we were excited to receive our first shipment of the new PSE TAC Elite crossbows a few days ago.

Several years ago my dad, Len Backus, had started to hear a significant buzz about a brand new crossbow model from PSE, the likes of which had never before been seen (or even thought of). PSE had changed the crossbow game with the introduction of their PSE TAC 15 and TAC 15i crossbows. Len approached PSE owner Pete Shepley at the SHOT Show in 2010 and was able to get his hands on one with the idea that he'd try it for a while and write a detailed review about it. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, PSE TAC Elite and Ordnance Crossbow Review, By Andy Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

AWESOME!! I can't wait to recieve mine. I've been waiting since feb. 11th. I stumbled onto this site a few months ago and after hearing all the good things about LRH and how they take care of their customers, I wish I would have ordered through them. Hopefully ya'll/they won't hold that against me moving forward as I hope to deal with LRH on all my accessories and maintenance needs. Not to mention the helpful advice. I can't remember being this excited in anticipation of something since I was a kid!!

Everything but the case and a letter saying no case until fall. Idk how they could over look the case and its not like I can use any other case. Now I'm worried about taking it with me on my hunting trip. Truck is going to be full and zero protection for the bow

PSE had a production problem with the cases. They didn't want to delay the crossbows anymore than they already were.

The most recent estimate is early October for the cases. Your dealer will contact you to get you your case when they arrive.

I got mine last week and it didn't have a case either. I have no idea how they are supposed to know who has the bows. I hope the place I bought it is keeping up with it. I also had to order the QAD rest. After the just four shots thru the whisker biskit the fletchings were distorted. I'm sitting here going crazy a full week into the season and I haven't been out yet and doesn't look like I will have this bow tuned till next week. At least my plots are coming up nice with no pressure.

I also am curious about the posts that talk about how quiet these bows are. Quiet is the last word I would use to describe the bow. Sounds like any other crossbow I have heard. I have the limbsaver installed as well. I padded my trigger and I would say that it was minutely more quiet but nothing like what some posts have said.

It is crazy powerful though. Put a field point all the way thru my yellow bag target at 20 yards.

PSE had a production problem with the cases. They didn't want to delay the crossbows anymore than they already were.

The most recent estimate is early October for the cases. Your dealer will contact you to get you your case when they arrive.

AHH yes.. Early October. In PSE years that means Feb.2015...

Greetings!

Just seen some well known Chinese web sites selling TAC 15 bolts. They look raw (just plain carbon), advertised as +/- 0.003 straightness, and come along with a good price. Anyone been able to test those? Would they fit the application? Cheers.

I had someone call to buy some PSE arrows for their TAC a couple weeks ago. He had just bought some less expensive arrows off Ebay or Amazon and the first one he shot failed. I believe he said the nock shoved into the shaft and the shaft fell apart.

Thank you for the details.

Also, the PSE dealer in the area have said that PSE discontinued the TAC 15 Elite series (Ordnance still available though), because there were problems. Is that valid information? Are there any official statements regarding this? Will there be an upgraded version in the future? Cheers.

Thank you for the details.

Also, the PSE dealer in the area have said that PSE discontinued the TAC 15 Elite series (Ordnance still available though), because there were problems. Is that valid information? Are there any official statements regarding this? Will there be an upgraded version in the future? Cheers.

You can still purchase from the PSE website, but I guess they could be just selling the remaining bows.....good question. ...I hope they are still going to offer parts if they stop making the bow....