Spotting Scopes and magnification

GetReel

I currently have a Kowa with a 25-60 eyepiece and it's nice and clear on 25x but when you start to zoom in you see all the haze and heat waves etc. makes higher power basically unusable without perfect conditions IMO.

So, is it worth having a heavy spotting scope that strains your eyes vs a pair of higher power binoculars??

I'm really thinking of selling the Kowa and getting high powered binoculars.

Discussions?

You'll have the same problem as before, only worse. You'll have to put them on a very stable tripod. hi power binos give me a headache especially when scanning the valley below for hours on end, looking for
game. I glass with 8x Leicas then move to the spotting scope to better judge horns. My scope only goes up to 48x and it too gets fuzzy at times. I just back off a little on the zoom till the image clears up.

You'll have the same problem as before, only worse. You'll have to put them on a very stable tripod. hi power binos give me a headache especially when scanning the valley below for hours on end, looking for
game. I glass with 8x Leicas then move to the spotting scope to better judge horns. My scope only goes up to 48x and it too gets fuzzy at times. I just back off a little on the zoom till the image clears up.
I will always start with my 10x binos and I use my Carbon fiber tripod that is rock solid so that's no issue there.