Special needs hunter help?

Before I retired in 2006, from WV DNR. We had a Special Disability Hunt on a ski resort for disabled hunters. WV DNR, Wounded Warrior and WV Hunter Education Instructors Association was the leaders of the event.

Contact your Wildlife Department, Hunter Education Instructors Assoc. or Disability Groups, They may have information that will help in your quest for your wife's hunt.

If your state has any type of baited bear hunts may be another hunt to consider for your wife. Where she could set in an enclosed blind. Not far to walk from a road of some sort to a blind.

Too bad you aren't closer to MN. Our hunting here is very friendly for people in her situation. Shots are close, usually under 100 yds, we have minimal walking as we sit in elevated stands that can be heated or ground blinds that usually aren't more than a 3-400 yds walk from a house or vehicle.

We do a lot of blind hunting in Texas, usually over bait. We have hosted a lot of wounded warrior hunts and the like. If you can hunt over bait, water, a planted field, or a trail it would be great to set up a pop up blind with a folding chair and a tripod like a caldwell deadshot.

Others have said it but I'll repeat it here. You're a good man and a faithful and dedicated husband. I wish you were close to OK, we'd put her in one of my Redneck deer blinds and she could certainly take a Whitetail and likely a coyote or some feral hogs.

Others have said it but I'll repeat it here. You're a good man and a faithful and dedicated husband. I wish you were close to OK, we'd put her in one of my Redneck deer blinds and she could certainly take a Whitetail and likely a coyote or some feral hogs.
Sounds like a blast! I have an old friend in Oklahoma. He's got a little property with deer and hogs. Someday when finances and time allow it I'm going to take her down there.