Some AZ dogs

patrickjr

Here are some of the yotes I've killed here in AZ this year, mostly though the summer, both rifle and shotgun, some called in and some not. I will try to annotate a little above each photo, i will have to post under this as it wont let me upload all my photos

First yote of the year, after a handful of mishaps finally got one that i couldn't mess up. 18 yards with the shotgun
IMG_2614.jpg

First double of the year, could've been a triple. First dog came in within the first two minutes, rolled it as he ran past me at 15 yards. Pup distress goes on and two more follow his same trail a minute later, i was able to drop one of them but the second got away when my gun ran dry
IMG_3090.jpg

Yote from closer to the border in August, much different coat on this one compared to most others. About 100 yard shot, she hung up and was dipping off when i finally got to the trigger
IMG_3645.jpg

Double came flying in immediately and put a good shot on the first, sent a couple at the second but nada. Shot was 130ish yards
IMG_3773.JPG

Young female I pulled in after calling for awhile, turning down the call and hearing her a few hundred yards away so while she was vocalizing, i muted the call and turned pup distress to full volume, then unmuted it and she came in hot. Stopped right below the bush the call was in and it was over. 50 yard shot
IMG_3784.jpg

Was walking through the desert and glanced to my right, noticed was appeared to be a dog sleeping in the small wash. Put my binos up and at 40 yards, sure enough one was passed out so i took a few steps forward and let her have it.

IMG_3098.jpg

Shotgunned this one at the end of a dismal day of shooting by myself and my friend with the ARs. This one came in on a string up the bottom, intercepted by the shotgun around 35 yards
IMG_3322.jpg

Not gonna lie, got complacent here. Was set up in a wash, had multiple dogs cross the wash to my right but it was too far for the shotgun (all i had that day). Probably 16 minutes in, i start looking at the map for my next spot and finally look up to notice a dog standing to my left at 30 yards. I slide my phone down and starting grabbing the shotgun in my lap and got a good shot off as the dog turned to go
IMG_3444.jpg

This one came in on a string, hit it with the shotgun and somewhat slowed him down but I followed up by hitting every bush he went behind after the first shot. Had to drop the shotgun and use the AR before he tore off
IMG_3717.jpg

Set up at the edge of a wash Ive called before and knew the dogs were smart. This one was no different. Calling for 10 minutes and notice him circling about 150 yards out. As soon as he stopped long enough for me to shoot, let him have it. Shot was 130 yards
IMG_4522.JPG

This one has got to be the oldest yote Ive ever killed. Was walking up where i wanted to make a set and right about where i was gonna sit down, i see a yote start paralleling me to my left. So i get ready, slightly turn up the scope and prepare to stop him when he appears from behind a big palo verde. He does, i whoop, he stopped and i drop him. I noticed something in his mouth when he looked at me, it ended up being a lizard he had just caught before i saw him. Shot was around 40 yards. In the first pic, you can see the lizard tail to the right of his front legs and the head just past his nose
IMG_3547a.jpg

IMG_3560a.jpg

I'm a fan of #4 buck shot, during the shortages of it several years back we went to bb and #4 shot neither one of which did as well in my opinion. But then most of mine shot with it were from above at running coyotes.