(Sitka) blacktail success thread

alpineassassin

Hi guys. New to the forum. Came over from other forums. Personally have only hunted Sitka blacktails and black bears. Here are a few of my sitka blacktails over the past few seasons. Would love to see your successful deer hunt photos.

- Tyrel

Attachments

• IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7672.jpeg
    IMG_7672.jpeg
    873.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0479.jpeg
    IMG_0479.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 120
Hi guys. New to the forum. Came over from other forums. Personally have only hunted Sitka blacktails and black bears. Here are a few of my sitka blacktails over the past few seasons. Would love to see your successful deer hunt photos.

- Tyrel
WOW
Welcome to LRH Forum from GA!

Those are some awesome Sitka blacktail bucks! You seem to have a talent for locating bucks with lots of tines. I'd say there is a lot of hard work involved in that.

Here's my dads kodiak buck from this December. And yes he's holding the right antler……… gotta love those mid December hunts

Attachments

• 7FFE9A67-78D2-4C86-ADE3-91CA015F3DEE.jpeg
    7FFE9A67-78D2-4C86-ADE3-91CA015F3DEE.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 29
That's a stud! Off topic. How do you like the Christensen and what caliber?
Thank you brother. I appreciate it! Let me start by saying before I bought this rifle, I did some research & read mostly negative reviews about Christensen rifles. It is known they have had QC issues in the past. That really had me worried. But I seen some great reviews & videos as well mixed in there. I have a pile of Kimber's and Tikka's so I wanted to try something else! So I got one. This rifle shoots amazing and I have not had any problems that most people report. It is a 7mm-08. SWFA fixed 10x42 MOA model on top (6x & 3-9 models have been out of stock) I just shoot factory ammo, after the break in procedure it really drove tacks for me. it shot Hornady 150 grain Precision Hunter's decent at about 1 inch standard groups. Which is fine for me, but I tried Nosler 120 grain BT's and it really loves those. I got it shooting half inch groups all day with that ammo. So there are mixed reviews and people bad mouth these rifles a lot, but mine has been amazing.

Thank you brother. I appreciate it! Let me start by saying before I bought this rifle, I did some research & read mostly negative reviews about Christensen rifles. It is known they have had QC issues in the past. That really had me worried. But I seen some great reviews & videos as well mixed in there. I have a pile of Kimber's and Tikka's so I wanted to try something else! So I got one. This rifle shoots amazing and I have not had any problems that most people report. It is a 7mm-08. SWFA fixed 10x42 MOA model on top (6x & 3-9 models have been out of stock) I just shoot factory ammo, after the break in procedure it really drove tacks for me. it shot Hornady 150 grain Precision Hunter's decent at about 1 inch standard groups. Which is fine for me, but I tried Nosler 120 grain BT's and it really loves those. I got it shooting half inch groups all day with that ammo. So there are mixed reviews and people bad mouth these rifles a lot, but mine has been amazing.
glad it's worked Yeah I've heard the negative but couldn't get it since it's essentially a rem 700. And you have it in a great blacktail round!

glad it's worked Yeah I've heard the negative but couldn't get it since it's essentially a rem 700. And you have it in a great blacktail round!
I appreciate it brother. They are definitely ammo picky. But yes I rolled the dice and mine ended up being amazing! This one is a dedicated blacktail & black bear rig.

I love Blacktails, they're my favorite deer. Those are great Sitka bucks for sure!

I hope to be up chasing Cascade blacktails in the Alpine country (just south of the 48th) in a couple weeks when our Washington High Country hunt opens.