Sig Sauer KILO 2400 ABS Ballistic Rangefinder Review

Andy, Great review and thanks too to Grey Fox and his experience. I am so excited as I wait for mine to arrive next week. I am so looking forward to using this new tech stuff, and tired of having to do each reading and then enter it to get my solution. Getting lazy in my old age. LOL

andy, still waiting on a reply on how the optics compare between the el range & the kilo??

Sorry I didn't get the notification of your posts.

I didn't compare the optics of the KILO 2400 to the EL Range because the EL Range is in an entirely different class. I would personally never consider using any rangefinder instead of binoculars for glassing for example.

The EL Range glass is awesome!

I have been out testing my new Sig 2400 with my 270wsm and the 165gr matrix and my 6.5x284 with the 140gr vld Bergers out to 1350 yards. All I can say is it is spot on. I went two different days with a 20 degree temp difference and RH difference of about 15%. It compensated perfectly. I will say that on two occasions ranging non reflective targets @ 1250+- yards it would not range, while my old Bushnell 1600 fusions would. But most of the time it would. Under that 1250 yard mark it ranged 100% of the time, and probably 95% it would range a shrub or a tree out to 1600 yards with no problem. I will continue to get used to it and report back as I do. The one trouble I am having (and it's me I am sure) is changing and syncing my gun profile from one gun to the other. Eventually I get it done but I can't seem to get that smooth and quick.

Got to use mine in CO last week. Programmed it for my 6.5creedmoor and 7RM, with two different loads for each (Hornady gmx and eld-x in each). Almost perfect out to 500 for all 4. At 700 yds I was off, but didn't have a chrony and was using factory est MV, so not surprising. without actual MV, i didnt try to calibrate. Great RF. Noticeably faster than my Leica 1600, and could go well beyond too. On a bright sunny day, could get rocky/juniper brush mountainside to about 1850 yards. Overcast the next day and I could range same mountainside to 2200 - incredible! What I like most about this tool is it's a small, lightweight device and incredibly long-range, accurate, fast RF and it gives the ballistic solution based on the actual density altitude and temps. Mountain hunters who experience significant changes in altitude and weather during a day will really appreciate the simplicity and small size of this device. Don't have to find the DA/temp/angle and input those into my Applied Ballistics app, this just does it. I didn't use the HUD, but i could see that being very useful on the range. The speed of getting your solution, then dialing, is great for hunters whose targets don't tend to stand still for long.

Just received mine today. Going to start reading the instructions, but wow this thing is small and fits the hand nicely, it will definitely be an easy to carry hunting range finder.

Hello mr/mrs;
I bought several weeks ago kilo 2400 from Usa and i have used G7br2 before I bought Sig kilo 2400. When I compare kilo 2400 and g7br2 i have found differences about altimeter. I saw big difference altitute with 2 rangefinder. Sig kilo 2400 give us wrong altitute example 1300 fit should be but give wrong altitute 2700 fit.
This is big problem for long range shootings, how i will calibration sig 2400 altitute. Would you like to i share this problem american long range sites? How i will calibre altitute problem??? How i fix?
Thank you so much for helping.
Best regards
:)

Did you compare the two RF's at the same time under the same atmospheric conditions? I believe the readouts are not based on the actual altitude at the location. The value can vary based on actual conditions. The altitude value is derived from the RF calculating air pressure and temperature. I have both as well and while readouts may have some variation, the ballistic outputs at long range have proven to be nearly identical when both RF's have been checked under a variety of differing atmospheric conditions. I would be more concerned if this information differed. iMO.

density altitude calculator

Last edited:
Any more info on the 2400?

Thanks Corey

I just got back from teaching our Shooting Classes in Wyoming and my KILO 2400 performed flawlessly. Any of the students who wanted to try it were amazed at how well it ranged compared to whatever rangefinder they were using. The ballistics were spot on for my guns and several students' guns out to 850 yards or so without doing any calibrating (truing).

I'll be publishing a video soon showing how you can calibrate the KILO 2400 by entering the actual MOA or Mil hold at two different distances if the ballistic solution isn't exactly perfect after initially setting up your ballistic profile. It is a more precise way to true your ballistics than just adjusting the mv or bc.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.