Shipping a Rifle-2024

wyosteve

Did a search and didn't find any current information, so wondering if anyone has shipped a rifle lately and the specifics. This would be to Fairbanks, AK. if it makes a difference. I know I need the buyer's FFL, and FedEx doesn't do it anymore. So, this leaves UPS and/or USPS as options. Is ShipmyGun still a viable option? Any insight from someone who recently shipped a rifle would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I decided I'm not willing to go through the headaches of finding an FFL to ship, boxing it and then possibly having to deal with the shipper if the gun is lost, stolen or damaged so I pulled the plug on the sale. It's a desirable rifle so will look to do a face to face in my area.

ShipMyGun, having an FFL ship it, or USPS are your best legal options now. UPS doesn't accept firearms shipments from nonlicensees unless a licensee provides the shipping label. That's how SMG works. Bud's Gun Shop buys the label and provides it to you.

Some folks just ship via UPS or FedEx and don't disclose what's in the package, but that's a violation of 18 USC 922.

Thanks for the responses. I decided I'm not willing to go through the headaches of finding an FFL to ship, boxing it and then possibly having to deal with the shipper if the gun is lost, stolen or damaged so I pulled the plug on the sale. It's a desirable rifle so will look to do a face to face in my area.
I just went through basically the same thing. I listed it for a FTF transaction but received quite a few offers if I wanted to ship it.
Like varmint hunter said, it was going to cost about $125 to ship from my FFL to their FFL and I didn't feel good about shipping a decent rifle and having no control over handling or loss.
I decided to only do FTF and yes it cost me a sale but it's safe and secure in my safe.