Sheep feet VS super feet hike comfort review

dnb86

Been doing lots of hiking this year in preparation for deer season. Approaching 35-40miles and over 17000 feet in elevation gain in last 3-4 weeks with 30-40 pounds in the pack and have been on the never ending journey of happy feet. I have been running sheep feet in the schnees timberline the last couple seasons and feet feel OK but not amazing after every hunt/hike. So I ordered some super feet hike comforts to give them a try and there was not a huge difference BUT in my tests for my feet in those particular boots. The super feet edged out the sheep feet by a small margin but at a fraction of the cost they are worth it. Every time I went out for hike I had a sheep feet in one boot and a super feet in the other and tried Multiple different variations of socks to give it a fair test. So this is not a bash at sheep feet but maybe just educate people on other options to try before buying custom orthotics. In the pictures you'll see the sheep feet have the heel stabilizer and that stabilizer is HARD so there is very little cushion and to me it feels like the heel is slightly lifted out of the sweet spot of the boot for the foot to stay in place properly. And you'll notice the big cushion on the heel of the super feet and a little deeper pocket the heel sits into. I'm not saying this is the answer for every boot but it definitely made a difference on mine especially on rocky hard terrain. And I would check the natural cushion of your boot as well. Take this insole out and push down with your heel if it's hard superfeer might be a good option and if soft like a running shoe sheep feet might be a great option for that boot just have to get out there and have fun testing gear. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 69
Been doing lots of hiking this year in preparation for deer season. Approaching 35-40miles and over 17000 feet in elevation gain in last 3-4 weeks with 30-40 pounds in the pack and have been on the never ending journey of happy feet. I have been running sheep feet in the schnees timberline the last couple seasons and feet feel OK but not amazing after every hunt/hike. So I ordered some super feet hike comforts to give them a try and there was not a huge difference BUT in my tests for my feet in those particular boots. The super feet edged out the sheep feet by a small margin but at a fraction of the cost they are worth it. Every time I went out for hike I had a sheep feet in one boot and a super feet in the other and tried Multiple different variations of socks to give it a fair test. So this is not a bash at sheep feet but maybe just educate people on other options to try before buying custom orthotics. In the pictures you'll see the sheep feet have the heel stabilizer and that stabilizer is HARD so there is very little cushion and to me it feels like the heel is slightly lifted out of the sweet spot of the boot for the foot to stay in place properly. And you'll notice the big cushion on the heel of the super feet and a little deeper pocket the heel sits into. I'm not saying this is the answer for every boot but it definitely made a difference on mine especially on rocky hard terrain. And I would check the natural cushion of your boot as well. Take this insole out and push down with your heel if it's hard superfeer might be a good option and if soft like a running shoe sheep feet might be a great option for that boot just have to get out there and have fun testing gear. Cheers
Check into walk comfy they are better than anything I've found so far and I've tried about everything. David

Thank you for starting this thread. Great topic.

Thanks for the heads up I'll check them out. Any particular model I should look into?
Comfywalk.com only makes one model each for male/female and they cover just past the arch. Not all the way to the toes. I use various models of Superfeet in my boots based on how each pair fits. (I have a lot of boots… it's a condition…) Comfywalk looks interesting and won't break the bank. Def gonna try them out. Thanks David!

Thanks for the heads up I'll check them out. Any particular model I should look into?
The walkomphy that I bought were the heavy duty high arch and they have wore out two sets of shoes that I wore everyday and they are still more comfortable tha the super feet insoles I bought I wish I had my money back on the super feet David

The walkomphy that I bought were the heavy duty high arch and they have wore out two sets of shoes that I wore everyday and they are still more comfortable tha the super feet insoles I bought I wish I had my money back on the super feet David
What size feet do you have? I see they only make one size an dam concerned my size 14 feet might not line up well? thanks

Another vote for super feet. I tried the sheep feet and they ruined my heels for 4-5 months.
Deep bruising the doc said. When I showed him the sheep feet insoles he said that for my feet they were the worst thing I could do to my feet. There is absolutely no cushion on the heels of the insoles. This also caused my feet to slide forward in the boots going downhill and bash my big toes into the boot.
Not an issue with super feet