Semi Autos legal to hunt big game in PA.

Waynzee

I've heard that the PA. Game Commission is going to make it so we can use our semi auto rifles to hunt big game in the very near future. Anybody else hear this?

They allowed semi rifles for small game last year and semi auto shotguns this year so I imagine we will be allowed to hunt deer with semi rifles in the near future. However I have not specifically heard where the rules were yet being changed to allow it.

I've heard that the PA. Game Commission is going to make it so we can use our semi auto rifles to hunt big game in the very near future. Anybody else hear this?
here we go again.

lets take a survey limited exclusively to hand picked Fudds with their 30-30's whose idea of hunting is putting on mass drives 3 days a year. Then we can hear all about their fears of anyone with a semi "spraying bullets" everywhere and killing everything in a 5 mile radius. And yes, apparently many of those people still listen to CNN and vote democrat because not figuring things out is a lifestyle for them.

here we go again.

lets take a survey limited exclusively to hand picked Fudds with their 30-30's whose idea of hunting is putting on mass drives 3 days a year. Then we can hear all about their fears of anyone with a semi "spraying bullets" everywhere and killing everything in a 5 mile radius. And yes, apparently many of those people still listen to CNN and vote democrat because not figuring things out is a lifestyle for them.
Well in fairness to the whiners, I do think the next poll should be taken at the time a license is bought.
Would you rather all 3 of your preferred changes be on the same ballot?
I doubt very much there would be many 30/30 three drives a year CNN types reading your words here.
But as for CNN and voters, note who does all the whining there also. lol

Just to prove a point I deer hunted 2 whole seasons with nothing but "Black Rifles"
in 7.62 X 51 MM. One Davis and a Bushmaster well I killed just as many deer as ever
and other than heavy they work fine!
BUT remember those Fudd's VOTE!! And thus foster and protect their antiquated
and wrong ideas! We need to take their voices by sheer numbers..!

Just to prove a point I deer hunted 2 whole seasons with nothing but "Black Rifles"
in 7.62 X 51 MM. One Davis and a Bushmaster well I killed just as many deer as ever
and other than heavy they work fine!
BUT remember those Fudd's VOTE!! And thus foster and protect their antiquated
and wrong ideas! We need to take their voices by sheer numbers..!

Remember the game commission's MO. If you want a particular consensus on your survey, make sure you ask a carefully handpicked group of people. Then afterwards defend your predetermined results by saying that "PA sportsmen have spoken".

Last edited:
Honestly I only put 3 rounds in them.
I could have put 21 rounds in but it's heavy as heck and gets in the way.
But in my opinion they are suitable for Sporting Purposes and with the right optics
worked very well in the woods for me.

Ya know what I find silly about this whole thing is you can use a AR 15 for hunting wood chucks and shooting across fields for 300 hundred yards to infinity but ya can't use one for shooting at a deer in the woods where your shots might be 100 yards or less. Pretty **** stupid,, huh.

LOL Yobuck hope you're still around when that vote is taken.
Well thank you, and I do as well. But being that ive been a non res for about 20 years I wont get to vote anyway, even though i certainly qualify as a fudd, and still pay considerable property taxes.
Im told by a friend that semi auto shotguns with slugs are legal this year? If so you guys are getting close to your goal. Fact is though its doubtfull it will have any at least lasting affect on the downward spiral in hunter numbers.

here we go again.

Being alive is not even a lifestyle for them:D:D