• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Selling My First Born 25-06/McMillan FS

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
Dont like to do this, but with too many projects lined up, and a very recent vehicle problem, my first customized rifle needs to find a new home.

I bought it new in 1999, Stainless Rem 700 BDL DM (detach box mag)

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

Fitted in a McMillan Lazzeroni Thumbhole Sporter stock (70% black/30% dark forest green)
--2 stainless studs
--stock was wet-sanded by me to 400grit, so it has a nice satin finish
--overall weight without optics blinks from 6-7lbs on my bathroom scale without optics

McMillan Linky http://mcmfamily.com/mcmillan/hunting/lazzeroni.asp

--professionally aluminum pillar bedded and recrowned (to fix the rem crown)
--about 1400rds down the tube, and well cared for of course.
--Trigger tuned to a safe 30oz
--smoothest **** rem action you will see that hasn't been lapped…bolt runs like a Tikka!
--THE ONLY Factory Rem I have seen with 100% lug contact

DSC01559.jpg
DSC01557.jpg

Has several witnessed .25MOA 3 shot groups (all I shoot with sporters) a .1" at 100, an couple .2's at 200 and a .8 at 400 (just FYI, not claiming 1/4MOA all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Groups were with 87gn TNT, 100gn SMK and 100gn sierra SBT

Comes with 2 4rd mags, and 99rds of Win brass in 2 MTM ammo boxes (win shorted me)– 1 box is 1x fired, the other is ON it's 2x firing with a few primed cases.

***Barreled action has been cryo treated as well

Also comes with the dies I used…

----------------------------------------------

Would like to sell as a package. AFTER 1 WEEK, I'LL BREAK IT UP

***Factory DM bottom was fitted by McMillan so it goes with the stock if I break up the package***

Would cost:
Stock: $413 + 10wk wait.
Action, bottom and 2 mags: ~$500
Brass/dies: $50+
Pillar bedding: $100
Crown: $40
Cryo treatment: $50+
(Labor to wetsand…1 meeeellion dollars :) )
So well over 1100$ without optics to duplicate…

I want $900 shipped to the door of your chosen FFL holder (CONUS)

If someone buys the package, I'll send along the STEEL weaver grand slam bases (if you want them)

If you don't like the price, email me with an offer.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PART, SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH OFFER, AND I'LL CONSIDER IT IF THE RIFLE IS AROUND AFTER 1 WEEK.

I think that is all.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Rem -- it is even more sexy in person, just gotta move her to cover some other projects /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JB

I'll be gone till sunday...if I have no takers or offers by then, i guess she is comin' apart.

JB

can't bring myself to split up the package...so have dropped the price 75$

$825 shipped CONUS

JB

jb,

If I had the money I'd buy it in an heartbeat man.. I really like that rifle. wish I could help you man.

I guess I am new here but, is this still for sale or is it gone? what dose spf mean??