• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale SCAMMERS AGAIN !!!

parkj5

FYI Scammer just text me stating he was PNW EOD stating he excepted my offer on the muzzle break he had for sale . I got scammed a few weeks ago out of 175 bucks from a low life doing the same stuff. Guys be very cautious of text from sellers on here unless u are in direct conversations with them. Cell number is 812- 674-0293 which wasn't PNW EOD

No idea !! last time this happened I went thru my old post and delete all the old posts I thought.

There are lots of ways your information can get out. Especially if you have any social media accounts.
You have to use a service to find and delete your information. Even then it may still be in the wrong hands, just no longer public.

I had the same thing happen about 3 weeks ago. I did a PM to a seller asking the price on a gun stock. A few minutes later I get a text saying $120. I paid it with PayPal F&F.

Then he texts about the rifle action (also in the ad) and we came to terms on the price after a back & forth. That was $500, paid the same way. $620 gone.

Questions on site security:

1) how did he hack into the site to get my phone number to text me?

2) how was he able to know that I just PM'd a person about a specific item?

The person was American based on his use of words, no typos, excellent grammar, etc. I summarized what happened & emailed it to this website but never got a reply. I've changed the site password, but am sure it makes no difference.

Never respond to a text unless you have given your phone # to the party. It's a scam! All hackers should be… disposed of.

Similar situation happened to me last week, but I was lucky I did not trust it.

I responded to a sellers ad with "PM Sent"

A minute or 2 later I got an email. No PM back, but an email. I did not give my email out in the PM and it was an email address I do not use on LRH. Anyway, email was well written, claimed to be the seller and said "sounds good, pay with Venmo or F&F."

I did not respond to the email. About 5 min later I got a PM from the seller on LRH and a text (I had included my cell number on PM). I called the actual seller and told him of the email. Anyway. me and the "real" seller made the deal and I have gotten a couple more emails from the scammer but I have blocked him.

Just be careful and this is part of the reason I will only deal with well known members, I need to talk with them, and will only send a personal check with "For deposit only" on the back.

Be safe.

Happened to me last night. After asking a LRH seller, GJ6084, the price on an item, I got a text from 812-674-0293 claiming to be GJ6084. He gave me a price. I asked for photos and he sent pictures and when I asked for his email, he sent me this info:
[email protected]
Kiera Simmons
Family and Friends
I sent the PayPal payment, not by Friends and Family, but Goods and Services. I always want the PayPal guarantee. I even sent $5 extra to cover the PayPal 3% commission. He even sent me a photo of his PayPal receipt for my payment.
Then this morning I get an offer price from the real GJ6084. So I cancel the PayPal payment.
Lessons learned: Never accept offers over text or email and never send PayPal payments through Friends and Family which has no guarantee.

A minute or 2 later I got an email. No PM back, but an email. I did not give my email out in the PM and it was an email address I do not use on LRH. Anyway, email was well written, claimed to be the seller and said "sounds good, pay with Venmo or F&F."

I did not respond to the email. About 5 min later I got a PM from the seller on LRH and a text (I had included my cell number on PM). I called the actual seller and told him of the email. Anyway. me and the "real" seller made the deal and I have gotten a couple more emails from the scammer but I have blocked him.

Just be careful and this is part of the reason I will only deal with well known members, I need to talk with them, and will only send a personal check with "For deposit only" on the back.

Be safe.
Hang em high

Be safe.
This exact thing happened to me a few weeks back. My email is similar to my username, and I think a scammer just took a guess on where to email me at? He almost got me with it, but thankfully about an hour before I would have sent funds, the real seller PM'd me on Rokslide and I figured out what had happened. I've avoided scams so far, but that one was close.

Recent Posts