• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer alert - halvy19

Griffin

Halvy19,

Unfortunately I bought a brux blank from him on 3/31. Haven't received anything. Ignores PMs. Contacted him by phone and was assured that he would provide tracking number that evening when he got home. Nothing since and he won't answer the phone. Also has not logged back on here since 4/13 when I started PMing him so I'd assume he changed his name. His PayPal address is [email protected] and his phone number is 608-341-7905. Buyers beware. Proper legal recourse will be filed in the morning with his local PD. in the hundreds of transactions I've made on here this is the only bad one. It's a shame

His name is Travis Halverson he lives in Montfort Wisconsin. Put that phone number in the Facebook search engine and it pulls up his account profile. Google his name and it gives you his address. He looks like a decent dude, sucks that happened. If you didn't pay through pay pal (and not as a gift) id never use any other way! Your purchase is automatically refundable if purchased through the business option of pay pal... Good luck

His name is Travis Halverson he lives in Montfort Wisconsin. Put that phone number in the Facebook search engine and it pulls up his account profile. Google his name and it gives you his address. He looks like a decent dude, sucks that happened. If you didn't pay through pay pal (and not as a gift) id never use any other way! Your purchase is automatically refundable if purchased through the business option of pay pal... Good luck

I don't face book but I have his name, address, and phone number. Like I said local PD will be contacted if I do not hear from him tomorrow. Payment via postal money order is my preference. It has been cashed and fraud VIA usps money order is a crime.

Postal MO,
To be clear I am not concerned with the money. I am a US Marshal by trade. Probably not the best guy to stiff on a barrel
I love that " not the best guy to stiff " Go get the bastard .
You should start an advice thread for members on the best ways to go when confronted by this kind of ripoff . Goof stuff .

Halvy19 sold me a really really nice Rem 700 .300 win mag. He shipped the next day for me. I spoke to him on the phone for about 45 mins before the purchase. I know he's not a scum bag. Maybe something bad happened to him? That's all I can think happened. I'm sorry you're going through this but he's not a scammer.

I'll chime in and say I'm sorry you are going thru this.

I did buy a Manners EH1 from him on 3/29, and I did finally get my stock..HOWEVER, after the initial contact when giving the "I'll take it" and PAYPAL'ing the funds to him.... the communication was a bit spotty. He didn't return texts for days at a time, and in a transaction that should have taken 2-4 days to get my stock took about 2-1/2 weeks. I also never received a tracking number, even after he said 3 times he'd send one. Blamed the delay on USPS for misrouting the first time and said he received it back and his wife did not tell him.

He did seem like a pretty good dude and I finally did get my stock but it was a bit of a struggle, especially from the communication side.

Update- contact has been made. Seems like a decent guy. Issues with usps but communication should be better. My guess is someone tipped him off about this thread. I will have tracking for 2 day shipping by today or we will proceed as planned

Update- contact has been made. Seems like a decent guy. Issues with usps but communication should be better. My guess is someone tipped him off about this thread. I will have tracking for 2 day shipping by today or we will proceed as planned

Funny you mention that. My rifle did ship the next day had tracking info and all, but it was returned to him. I got it about 5 days past when I was suppose to get it. Either his USPS sucks, he doesn't know how to properly ship rifle parts, or his state/local government sucks when it comes to shipping firearms/parts.

i always try to give someone the benefit of the doubt before assuming the worst,but to me there has been too much down time on this transaction.it looks to me like he caught wind of this thread and realized this one wasnt gonna go away.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.