• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want To Buy Savage parts for a .223 build

megastink

Looking to build a .223 Rem on a Savage action. Need the following:

1) Savage 10/11/110 .223 short action- open to almost any configuration- factory accutrigger is fine
2) prefit Savage barrel. I have some requirements:
-20-24"
-Sporter or Heavy Sporter contour; I don't want it too heavy
-1:7-1:8, no less
-Threaded muzzle preferred
3) Factory accustock, but I will entertain lightweight aftermarket options
4) Magazine components TBD based on stock choice

To my knowledge, factory barrels are no faster than 1:9, so those wont work for this build. If you have something collecting dust, please reach out. Thank you!

Correct on the factory barrels with a few caveats... I bought a new savage trail hunter lite this summer (I typically build vs buy) but it has a 1:7 heavy Sporter, relatively heavy fluting, 20" threaded barrel. Checked every box for my so I just bought this one.

The other big factor for me was being able to load long heavy bullets... The magazine has a stop that you can modify to get much more length. I'm happy

Haven't shot it a lot yet... Factory hogue stock leaves something to be desired.

Also they went to a closed top action (like an axis). Not really any big issues just can't top load.

Maybe worth a look, so far I like mine a bunch

Correct on the factory barrels with a few caveats... I bought a new savage trail hunter lite this summer (I typically build vs buy) but it has a 1:7 heavy Sporter, relatively heavy fluting, 20" threaded barrel. Checked every box for my so I just bought this one.

The other big factor for me was being able to load long heavy bullets... The magazine has a stop that you can modify to get much more length. I'm happy

Haven't shot it a lot yet... Factory hogue stock leaves something to be desired.

Also they went to a closed top action (like an axis). Not really any big issues just can't top load.

Maybe worth a look, so far I like mine a bunch
Good info! I want to load the 77gr TMK's after seeing the results of that bullet on game over on Rokslide. Since making this post, I also discovered that the Ruger American Gen2 checks all of my boxes as well, and its on sale at Cabela's, and I have their credit card (10% discount on Mondays or Tuesdays) AND some gift cards! Might just make it easy and buy one of those.

Good info! I want to load the 77gr TMK's after seeing the results of that bullet on game over on Rokslide. Since making this post, I also discovered that the Ruger American Gen2 checks all of my boxes as well, and its on sale at Cabela's, and I have their credit card (10% discount on Mondays or Tuesdays) AND some gift cards! Might just make it easy and buy one of those.
Also a viable option, depending. I had a first gen American but it was AR mag fed. I think the 77 tmk can be loaded to AR mag length... The 75 eld-m I wanted to use wasn't even close to being possible, so it really handicapped me.

Sounds like it should work for your application though!