Savage Model 112 Target Magnum 338 Lapua

Thanks! Mine will be here Monday afternoon. Now to find some decent glass that won't break the bank. :rolleyes:

We are running the Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50 with ken farrel rings and 30moa base. With this scope and base combo you dont have any problems making a zero at as close as about 100yards while the extra 10moa in the base really helps stretch out the somewhat limited internal adjustment of the otherwise superbly robust and crisp as well as fantastic tracking of the vortex. You can see some pics of the setup on our facebook

We are running the Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50 with ken farrel rings and 30moa base. With this scope and base combo you dont have any problems making a zero at as close as about 100yards while the extra 10moa in the base really helps stretch out the somewhat limited internal adjustment of the otherwise superbly robust and crisp as well as fantastic tracking of the vortex. You can see some pics of the setup on our facebook

Morse Industries Bipod Spikes - Side track but wanted to let you guys know I tried out a pair of your spikes the other day that I ordered a few weeks ago. I shoot from a lot of hard surfaces and they allow easy and consistent loading on my bipod. They are awesome.

Morse Industries Bipod Spikes - Side track but wanted to let you guys know I tried out a pair of your spikes the other day that I ordered a few weeks ago. I shoot from a lot of hard surfaces and they allow easy and consistent loading on my bipod. They are awesome.

LOVE to hear the feedback!

Please share a pic of your setup with us on our new Facebook page and please tell your friends about it. We're a brand new startup and need all the publicity we can get!

I've got about 75 rounds down the tube and it is a really fun rifle to shoot. And I have to agree, the brake is fantastic. I've been shooting the S&B 250 grain match ammo and it does surprisingly well. This was at 350 yards (due to the corn coming up around the house my "range" distance has declined tremendously...:rolleyes:) I haven't started working up a load yet but I just received a box of 300 Berger OTM's. Anyone have any experience with the S&B brass?

MBird and Rancid Crabtree,

Any update? I am looking at buying the rifle soon? Do you still think it is awesome? How are reloads? Any buyers remorse?

Thanks

Picked mine up yesterday. Sweet lookin boom stick. Working a maintenance turn around the next 2 weeks, so I'm gathering the rest of the goodies. Looking forward to shooting it. I intend to break it in/fire form brass/rough zero with cheapie hornadys then switch to berger 300 over Retumbo.

I have had this rifle for over a year also and have to say I'm still loving it. I have had 2 other 338 Lapua savages and one custom Stiller and believe the key to not having a sticky bolt is using Lapua brass. I used Hornady brass and had it stick in both the savage I had at the time and my custom. They fired just fine with the factory Hornady ammo but all reloads were sticky or stuck. The same charge (within book spec) with Lapua brass has NEVER stuck. From my experience the reputation of these rifles not extracting came from the Hornady brass. Hornady started offering the 338 Lapua ammo and brass a few years after the BA came out and that is when the problem started. I think it was compounded because many savage buyers are on a bit more of a budget and liked the price of the Hornady brass in comparison to the Lapua (so that's what we bought). If you look at 95% of the posts with stuck cases in this rifle it will be related to Hornady brass. I'm not hating on Hornady (I use their bullets and brass in my .243). But IMHO If your going to run a 338 Lapua in these rifles use Lapua brass. Just my experience.

I'll second that^. Got some virgin Nosler and some once fired Federal. Nosler doing okay. Federal the primers went in awful easy on the first reload. Second reload 10% would not hold a primer at all. Not wupping on the brass either, 225gr at 3000fps over 90gr RE22.

Top notch rig. Seems to be factory blueprinted. No issues with brass sticking using Lapua. Shoots under .5MOA to 1760. Trigger is Jewell like. Most bang for the buck I have ever seen in a factory rig. Am going to buy 2 more. I for a 7-338LM and 1 to build a 375 Nyati based poor mans Cheytac. Cannot go wrong with this rig unless you want to spend $3k+ on a full custom. I think the target action makes more sense than a repeater in this action. The Lapua is probably marginally in the repeater series. Seems to be very few issues with the M112. Mines a hammer.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.