• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage Custom Shop 7mm - 1:9 twist, very accurate

Pharmsales

Hello,

For sale is my 7mm RM that I had the Savage Custom shop put together for me.

1:9 twist fluted 26" barrel
Target Accutrigger (great trigger)
Digital Green Camo stock
Hinged floor plate
**had a fluted bolt body, but it was not the smoothest - sent back to Savage for regular bolt body**
Rifle weighs 8.8 lbs with the talley rings on it (as pictured).
Shoots the 175 grain Eld-X at 3,100 fps

I think the retail on this was $1,400 but my dealer gave me a bit of a break. I have included my receipt here.

I had a load worked up for the rifle and have had it to the range twice. Not scratched up or banged up...I consider the rifle to be perfect. For sure under 100 rounds. Additionally, I have all of the drop data which I have in my Gunwerks range finder and have verified it out past 1,200 yards.

The only target picture I could find from load development was this 5 shot group at 200 yards. I actually hate posting it here as it is an unreal target. I will just say that this has been a quarter minute rifle for me. I was so impressed with it that I had the Savage Custom shop put together a fast twist barrel 243 for my son. It was almost as accurate settling into a 1/4 - 1/2 MOA rifle.

Pulled the scope from this rifle for a custom 28 Nosler I finally received last week. I love .284's, but am out of room in the safe - time for a new home.

I have done face to face meetings with the last two rifles I have sold here on long range hunting (257 Cooper and 28 Nosler Horizon Firearms) and am available to meet up if you are local.

Sale will include 109 custom loaded 175 Eld-X ammo.

Call with questions. 512-632-3198.

$925
IMG_6128.jpg
IMG_6130.jpg
IMG_6126.jpg
IMG_6120.jpg
IMG_6137.jpg

Slightly off subject, but how is Savage custom shop to deal with?

You're rifle looks great and I have a savage that needs a makeover.

Slightly off subject, but how is Savage custom shop to deal with?

You're rifle looks great and I have a savage that needs a makeover.

I thought the custom shop was great. I called a number of times and spoke with the girl in charge of their custom orders (effie I believe); she was very knowledgeable and took time to answer my questions. I think the only thing I recall being a "negative" is that the rifle took about 4 months to build..which was a fair amount longer than was originally quoted. That being said, I have never had a rifle actually show up on time...lol...

Is room to seat bullets out close to the lands ?

Kelly - I honestly don't recall.

I have a guy in Montana who has done my load development for me for the last 10 years or so. He's attentive and everything comes back dialed in (low ES, rangefinders dialed in, etc.).

I do know the COAL on this Savage is 3.443 whereas the COAL on a Gunwerks 7 LRM I have is 3.435. Not sure if that helps you much. Pic attached for reference.
image1.jpeg

Them don't appear to be the same cartridge, ones belted and the shoulder heights and angles are different is a gunwerks 7 LRM different from a 7mm RM, exscuse my ignorance I shoot a 7mm RM not familiar with the one on the right ...

Them don't appear to be the same cartridge, ones belted and the shoulder heights and angles are different is a gunwerks 7 LRM different from a 7mm RM, exscuse my ignorance I shoot a 7mm RM not familiar with the one on the right ...

Yes, they are different cartridges.

Bryan is good to go. His rifles and descriptions are top notch. Buy with confidence!

Recent Posts