• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage aftermarket stock

megastink

Looking for a nice, lightweight stock for my Savage .243 build.. Its a 4.4" short action with top bolt release. I'm open to DBM or blind mag. I'm hoping for a lightweight McMillan or something of similar quality, and would like to be around 1.5lbs or less for the stock. The barrel is a sporter contour. I do not want a wooden stock, or a B&C. I also have a Hogue stock in green with heavy barrel channel I could trade towards something else. Please let me know what you have. Thank you!

I'm never one to talk someone out of getting what they want. That being said, I've tried every Savage stock I can get my hands on and ended up going back to the old blind mag tuppaware stock. It's the lightest I could find. .243 stock model 11 holds 3/4" groups at 100 and will shoot under 3" at 300 with the 20" factory sporter barrel. Plenty good for the mountains of Va. I wanted to get a new stock so bad but ended up selling all of them off. Mostly because they were just too heavy. Hope you find a lightweight McMillan. They are very nice.