Sako 85 bolt

leeroy1

Hi not sure if this is where this should be please delete if its not.

I have a Sako 85 in 22-250.
I have been looking for a tool to help with stripping the bolt , I can do it by hand but it would be ever with a tool to help.
I have been looking around and came across the Kleinendorst Bolt Disassembly Tool at brown hills. I sent them a mail and they said yes it will do you need the one for closed bolt or open bolt.
Could someone please tell me what they mean by open or closed.
Cheers

Hi not sure if this is where this should be please delete if its not.

I have a Sako 85 in 22-250.
I have been looking for a tool to help with stripping the bolt , I can do it by hand but it would be ever with a tool to help.
I have been looking around and came across the Kleinendorst Bolt Disassembly Tool at brown hills. I sent them a mail and they said yes it will do you need the one for closed bolt or open bolt.
Could someone please tell me what they mean by open or closed.
Cheers

I don't understand that either. I checked my 85 and it seems as though no matter which way you remove the bolt it decocks when you lift the bolt.

I guess you don't have the manual. My Sako 85 manual does not say a tool is necessary to disassemble the bolt.

The manual say's;

Having removed the bolt the firing pin is removed by turning the bolt shroud clockwise until its locking notches are disengaged from the bolt body and the bolt shroud springs backwards. Having done this the bolt shroud and firing pin assembly, with the spring and spring guide, can be removed from the bolt.

Normally it is not necessary to disassemble the bolt any further than this for cleaning purposes.

There's a little more on reassembly if you need let me know.

I hope this helps

Shoot straight

Bob

Ive got 4 sako 85,s......each one of them came with a tool to dis-assemble the bolt. The 75 models were easier in this respect where the firing pin, bolt shroud assembely were all removed as one piece.

Thanks guys , I have had the pin out a few times but it takes a fair bit of pressure to put it back together as its hard to get a grip .
I see brown hills do a tool but he asked me, is it closed bolt or open as they have two types of tool to dismantle bolt.
I don't really know what they mean I thought a bolt is a bolt.
Its mostly if I have out in the wet to make sure its dry.

I don't supose you could put up a picture of the bolt tool just for a look see. If any one knows where to get them from I would buy one .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.