Rifle Stock Question

rbecker08

Hey everyone first off today I got back from the gunsmith and my rem 700 is finally in shooting form, still waiting on a new barrel but the stock one will do fine till that comes in. However I was wondering if anyone had ever used one of those Axiom stocks from Knoxx. I was considering this because of its recoil suppression as well as I wouldn't have to really worry about making the barrel fit the stock later on. A lot of advice from you all has helped me tremendously already so thank yall and just curious what you think on this one.

I am not sure I have seen that stock but I have seen the knox stocks for shotguns. I'm sure it is the same idea for felt recoil reduction. I guess my question would be, can I get the same or better results from a muzzle break? Is the knox stock rigid enough to be bedded? Is it butt heavy with all that recoil reduction stuff in there? In my opinion a quality HS precision or something simiular and a muzzle break of some sort might be the way to go. My 300 Rum with a MPI stock and a defensive edge break literally kicks like a 243. I didnt believe it til I tried it.

Good luck!

Jpritt

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.