• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Rifle bolt fluting $25 with coupon code

image.jpg
10 days turn around from Maryland, these look Great!! Thanks Again!

So if you send a carbon steel bolt, is everyone cold bluing the steel once received? I assume it would rust if not... trying to decide if I should send my bolts but they are all blued.

So if you send a carbon steel bolt, is everyone cold bluing the steel once received? I assume it would rust if not... trying to decide if I should send my bolts but they are all blued.

i'm planning to have my action/barrel sandblasted and cerakoted by a local company, so i'll have them do the bolt while they're at it. if you did nothing, the bolt probably would rust if you didnt clean it. anytime i'm shooting or hunting with my guns and it rains, i clean them up when i get home.

I got 3 blues bolts done 2 are being carekoted and the other I only had done because it was super cheap. I just clean the bolt well and then coat it with some Mother's metal polish it help fight off the rust. It'll eventually get coated but not till I rebarrel it

Thanks... I was curious what most ppl did... I might get mine done then cold blue and see how it looks... the cold bluing probably won't be as dark as the factory blue but might look pretty neat

I got mine back (SS) in wrought.
I like that wrought way better than the regular spiral fluted I have.
All my other ones are copied after the Remington TI fluting.
It's wider.
That I like.

How many bolts do you have to send in for the discount or is it a specific style of fluting? I just tried and wouldn't work.

Recent Posts