Repair older Aimpoint 5000XD Red Dot?

Marplot

Just acquired a 1990 rifle with Aimpoint 5000Xd Red Dot. Replaced the battery, but no light. How/who can repair this? Or is it possibly a lost cause?

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 20
Just acquired a 1990 rifle with Aimpoint 5000Xd Red Dot. Replaced the battery, but no light. How/who can repair this? Or is it possibly a lost cause?
Contact Aimpoint.

Aimpoint started out as a Hunting "Red Dot Optic" and evolved into a multi million $$$$$ company with contracts from the Military. Aimpoint is one of the most used Red Optics for military use.

Origin: Aimpoint's story traces back to an unlikely source—a toilet roll! In 1974, technician and inventor Arne Ekstrand wanted to improve his accuracy while hunting and on the shooting range. He noticed that the light reflection on the wall behind him remained steady, regardless of his head movements. Inspired by this observation, he sketched a concept for a red dot sight based on an empty toilet roll.

Contact Aimpoint.

Aimpoint started out as a Hunting "Red Dot Optic" and evolved into a multi million $$$$$ company with contracts from the Military. Aimpoint is one of the most used Red Optics for military use.

Origin: Aimpoint's story traces back to an unlikely source—a toilet roll! In 1974, technician and inventor Arne Ekstrand wanted to improve his accuracy while hunting and on the shooting range. He noticed that the light reflection on the wall behind him remained steady, regardless of his head movements. Inspired by this observation, he sketched a concept for a red dot sight based on an empty toilet roll.
Just found [email protected] thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Any self fixes, known? Did clean battery terminals. Electronics inside look ok through the battery door.

Nevermind for now! An indepth cleaning, especially battery terminals, a new battery (Uses the same battery as my electronic dog collars) and it is now working beautifully! It is mounted on my Veratschnig double rifle.