• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington Model Seven Stainless .260 Rem, Mfg April 2006 – Mint

Ramblin99

This is a catch-and-release. It’s a near-new condition Remington Model Seven Lightweight in .260 Remington caliber and stainless steel. I’ve always enjoyed these little Model Seven rifles, and I bought this one as a bit of an impulse because it’s in such great condition. But I already have a similar diameter caliber rifle in a .257 Wby. I’m building a 22 Creedmoor, so selling this one will move me along on that build.

The barrel date code is “CA” indicating an April 2006 date of manufacture. Here are the basic specs:

Length: 39”
LOP: 13.5”
Barrel: 20” mountain profile with .530” muzzle diameter; 1:9 twist
Weight: just 6 lbs 5.3 oz.
Trigger: original Walker trigger pulls at 3 lbs 8 oz. with no creep

The cosmetics would indicate very low round count. There are no “scope mount tracks” on the top of the receiver. The stock is the very substantial synthetic stock that Remington made from 1994 – 2006, not the junk stocks from the 2010’s. Accuracy should be good, but I have no data. This one was produced before the Freedom Group buy-out, so the quality is solid. The trigger is one of the better Walkers I’ve pulled. The bolt rides like butter in the action.

The rifle looks new in hand. The bolt jeweling is perfect. There are no marks on the feed ramp. The only hints that it’s not a NIB rifle are a couple of small marks on the trigger guard and a couple of faint shiny ½” rub lines near the muzzle. The crown and butt pad are like new. These are great rifles for youth, and for anyone shooting from a box blind at only 39” in length. There are no disappointments with this little Model Seven.

Just trying to get my money back on this one. $1,050 shipped from an individual to your FFL with proper ID enclosed. This is cross-posted, so first public “I’ll Take It” trumps PM inquiries. Drop me a PM if you have questions or need additional photos. This little Seven is a beauty. Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_8839.jpgIMG_8856.jpgIMG_8843.jpgIMG_8842.jpgIMG_8841.jpgIMG_8840.jpgIMG_8844.jpgIMG_8846.jpgIMG_8852.jpgIMG_8853.jpg

Last edited: