• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington Barreled Action

JMUPT

I have a remington 700 barreled action that I would like to sell. I bought this a little while ago at an auction. It was supposed to be a Remington 700 KS chambered in 300 win mag. After shooting it once I found out that it is not a 300 win mag. I believe it to be a 300 Ackley Magnum, but I could be wrong, so Its UNKNOWN. I had no issues when firing that round, the case just came out with the shoulder pushed forward and a very short neck. I didn't know anything was wrong until I looked at the case after it was ejected. A 300 weatherby case will chamber and a 375 H&H case necked down to 30 cal will chamber as well, which makes me think its a 300 ackley mag. The rifle was made in 1989 and was a 700 KS Mountian Rifle. The action is blued with a 24" custom shop blued barrel that has a little of the bluing worn at the end of the muzzle. Comes with factory bottom metal, walker trigger that breaks crisply at 2lb 15oz ( average of 10 pulls with a lyman digital trigger gauge), also included is a leupold base and detachable leupold rings. I don't have the time or the additional money to mess with a wildcat, re-chamber, or re-barrel is the reason i'm listing it for sale. The second pic is the fired 300 win mag case next to a 300 weatherby, next to the 375H&H necked to 30 cal. I have other pics I can email or text. The barreled action came in a McMillan bdl stock that I will be selling separately, unless someone wants the complete rifle. Asking $425 shipped for the barreled action.
20190109_131304.jpg 20190109_131318.jpg 20190109_131001.jpg
20190109_130938.jpg

Last edited:
I don't believe that's a .300 Ackley...the fired case has a round (double radius) shoulder still, an ackley would have a 40* and an actual neck.

I don't see how you could even load a bullet in your fired case?!?