Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 Win

I have one in .308 and I changed out the stock to a H-S Precision. I have shot .58 MOA @ 300 yards with mine. Very good rifle for the price. I'm happy.

:)

Precisely what I'm shooting for with mine. Did you indeed notice a difference when changing out stocks? Again, even if accuracy doesn't change much, I'll still be pleased. I just can't stand that cheap stock, I don't want to hit the range again until I receive the HS.

When I shot that I had a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock on it. I added the H-S to bring the weight and bulk down a bit. I have not shot it this winter since the change. I doubt there will be much. That was with factory Remington Premire Match ammo. I have worked up some loads to test in the rifle very soon. Will let your know how they do.

When I shot that I had a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock on it. I added the H-S to bring the weight and bulk down a bit. I have not shot it this winter since the change. I doubt there will be much. That was with factory Remington Premire Match ammo. I have worked up some loads to test in the rifle very soon. Will let your know how they do.

Looking forward to it.

The SPS Varmint transformed...

police2.jpg

It is now complete :)

I have to agree that the stock is a *** and am on the hunt for a new one I wished that remington would have offered the stock thats on the 20" barrel 700 p tactical on the 700 sps varmit but alas it was a lot cheeper and those dollars can go for the little parts that make it a shooted my first round were 150 rems and hornadys the rem @ 300m were within an inch on two squares the hornadys were all over the place not one round hit within a 3" circle thay all were flyers what a waste of ammo those rems though were of unusual quaility I do like the H&S Stocks best bob

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.