• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want To Buy Remington 700 Recoil Lug .193-.194

Roughrice

I know this is a long shot, but...Looking for a blued Remington 700 Recoil Lug measuring .193"-.194" in thickness to correctly headspace my barrel swap.
Thanks.

Last edited:
When I needed a specific thickness recoil lug to put a switch barrel on a different action, I just ordered one from PT&G. It didn't take too long and wasn't outrageously expensive (at least at that time/been a few years).

Just throwing that out there as an option.

I have a lug that is .191 on it now and it drags on my go gauge.
So I figured I'd try too get lucky and pick up one a couple thousandths thicker to fit perfectly.

Tight.. No drop. Have to push down with thumb.
Feels about .002 too short .
A few new factory rounds feel the same.
This is a hunting rifle.
My other 308 rifle chambers are between my "go" and "no-go" and all my different reloads are tight so trying to get closer to my resizing setting.

As you said … I can probably run like that but that little bit will be about perfect for my brass setting.

I never see Rem 700 lugs that thick though…just hoping one is out there instead of ordering a custom machined thickness.

It's a short 16" barrel so I may just rock on with it as is since I'll have a specific load to only use in it…

Thank you guys for the suggestions!

FYI... Update…I just got back from shooting 4 rounds for function, chrono and sight-in.
Snug fit when chambering a round.
PTG "go-guage" reads 1.624 5" on my Hornady .400 comparator.
LOADED rounds measured 1.624"-1.625" with same .400 comparator. This is what my hunting rounds are after sizing with a .002 shoulder bump.
Tight bolt and had to slightly bump handle to extract... normal slightly flattened primer with no other pressure signs.
Fired cases measured 1.624"-1.624 5" from this rifle.

Fired cases from 3 of my other 308 rifles 1.627"-1.628"

That .002 extra would surely make me happy to have all of these using the same sized brass!

Last edited:

Recent Posts