Remington 700 factory trigger?

zr600

how are the factory triggers on the new Remingtons how many pounds donthey break at? I am looking at doing a remage build and was wondering if the trigger would be ok for the time being then upgrade it at a later date after my budget get replenished?

They're horrible...Plain and simple. And I'm one of the biggest Rem 700 fans on this site. But I'm honest about Remington's flaws.

Save yourself the headache, and go ahead and get a Timney 510 for it. Should be less than $150. If you order it directly from Timney, you can select the weight you want them to pre-set it at, before they ship it to you. Which is really cool, in my opinion. I don't know anyone else who offers that right on their website as a standard selectable option.

https://timneytriggers.com/remington-700-w-safety/

Remington factory triggers suck!

I have bought, and recommend, many Calvin Elites for 700 actions.
I order direct from Timney and Tbone is very helpful in setting triggers to the pull weight you desire.

Cheers.

You just need to know the right gun smith, my smith does his magic and they break at 2 lbs.
I do all my own, and I love the old factory Walker triggers (which is what I have in most of my rifles), but unless someone knows what they're doing, I don't recommend messing with a trigger. You can make one unsafe in about 1/16 of a turn...

Ok well I was planning on replacing it in the future just was wondering if they were good enough for the time being since the budget will get depleted on building the gun. Was just wondering if it was ok to use for the first part of the build then I would add a trigger tech later.

Yes, they suck. But, to answer your question, yes it will work. I have one rifle that still has the xmark pro and can regularly shoot sub moa. I think I have it set at 2#.

I don't want to be a kill joy but you are building a custom rifle. I've done it and honestly understand the budget but the old saying " Patience is a Virtue " applies in this case to me. I know chomping at the bit to get it out there. But I would wait a little bit to put a Timney on it and have the rifle you want when you put that first round down range. The satisfaction and knowledge that is is what you ultimately wanted will be worth the wait. Of course you could always yard sale some of the wife's shoes to fund it (when she's out of town of course) . Don't forget to re arrange the closet so it takes her a while to realize it. ( Better to ask forgiveness than permission ). LoL
JMO

I have many semi-custom Rem rifles. Several have high end aftermarket triggers and they're great. But you can have Neil Jones rework your Rem trigger for about $70 and he can reduce the pull weight down to 1.5lbs safely. Just ship him the trigger and it will return in a few weeks finished.

Ok well I was planning on replacing it in the future just was wondering if they were good enough for the time being since the budget will get depleted on building the gun. Was just wondering if it was ok to use for the first part of the build then I would add a trigger tech later.
Like Gwine said... They will work, but they suck. You just might not shoot your best groups until you upgrade your trigger down the road.

I was shooting 1/2 MOA groups with my 5R .308 Win with the factory XMP trigger, but after swapping it out, it was shooting a groups down into the .1xx" to .2xx" range. Even as experienced of a shooter as I am, a good trigger still makes a difference.

Well I have to wait for a stock anyways so I could just get a trigger at the same time as the stock too it's not like I'm going to be shooting it tomorrow. Just collecting parts and getting start I guess.

One thing about it if you can shoot good with a rem trigger you should be really good with after market trigger lol maybe you be one of those lucky one cuz once in a while one will adjust pretty well but that is few and far between

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts