Remington 700 Actions from PTG. . .opinions please.

STEEL SLINGER

I have been in the market for a stainless REM 700 LA for a new project. First thought was to buy a used rifle for a donor action. . .$450-$550. Then have it trued. . .$225+/-. Then have a fluted bolt and some sort of bolt handle. . .$150-$180. So, now I'm in the ball park money wise of $900.00+/-. I was on the web site of Pacific Tool & Gauge and saw they have "Blueprinted Remington Action Combo's" and I go there, figure what all I want in my chosen action and the total comes to $680.00 w/S&H. I went on line to search these actions for reviews with little luck and most of what I saw was negative in regards to these actions. Granted most of the negativity was due to the time frame of delivery and the incompetence of people who are answering the phone at PTG, only one review stated the quality of the action and that person said it was not much better than a factory off the shelf action at that!

My question is; has anyone ordered one of their actions and how did it measure up in terms of quality of the machine work. . .are they worth the savings or should I continue with my initial plan? At the $900 mark I could also just spend a little more and get a Stiller Predator. . .decisions decisions. Please, let me know if any of you have experience with the PTG REM 700 actions. Thank you and a Happy New Year to all.

I have been in the market for a stainless REM 700 LA for a new project. First thought was to buy a used rifle for a donor action. . .$450-$550. Then have it trued. . .$225+/-. Then have a fluted bolt and some sort of bolt handle. . .$150-$180. So, now I'm in the ball park money wise of $900.00+/-. I was on the web site of Pacific Tool & Gauge and saw they have "Blueprinted Remington Action Combo's" and I go there, figure what all I want in my chosen action and the total comes to $680.00 w/S&H. I went on line to search these actions for reviews with little luck and most of what I saw was negative in regards to these actions. Granted most of the negativity was due to the time frame of delivery and the incompetence of people who are answering the phone at PTG, only one review stated the quality of the action and that person said it was not much better than a factory off the shelf action at that!

My question is; has anyone ordered one of their actions and how did it measure up in terms of quality of the machine work. . .are they worth the savings or should I continue with my initial plan? At the $900 mark I could also just spend a little more and get a Stiller Predator. . .decisions decisions. Please, let me know if any of you have experience with the PTG REM 700 actions. Thank you and a Happy New Year to all.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f23/anyone-have-experience-w-ptg-blueprinted-actions-155294/

This is precisely why we developed the Axiom action, from Curtis Custom. A true custom action for $750. If you can hold out on your build for a bit, our Axiom action will be available shortly.

This is precisely why we developed the Axiom action, from Curtis Custom. A true custom action for $750. If you can hold out on your build for a bit, our Axiom action will be available shortly.

What's "shortly"...I believe I've been hearing "shortly" for over a year now...???

You should get your facts straight before you post something as ridiculous as that!

Nothing here...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/curtis-action-updated-pictures-131446/index28.html

And your website still says "Coming Soon"...so how is a person supposed to buy an action? Or, where are the completed rifle threads with reviews?

I don't care either way, I just don't like someone pimping a product that doesn't exist yet except on paper and maybe 1 prototype.

AS for the OP, I'm sure the PTG action would be just fine, as would a Stiller or Lone Peak for around that same price.

Nothing here...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/curtis-action-updated-pictures-131446/index28.html

And your website still says "Coming Soon"...so how is a person supposed to buy an action? Or, where are the completed rifle threads with reviews?

I don't care either way, I just don't like someone pimping a product that doesn't exist yet except on paper and maybe 1 prototype.

I don't know what you see but this is what I show when I check their website ...

CURTIS%20ACTION_zpsnf3xrbwx.jpg

lightbulbSpeaking of pimping, weren't you advertising your business as a non-paying sponsor when Len Backus the site owner notified you about your sig line advertisement violation? lightbulb

WOW! I apologize to everyone. . .I didn't realize I was going to start a pi**ing contest. I thank you, FEENIX, for the link you sent regarding the action in question. . .I'll keep searching for more info. J.Russo, if the action you are representing is available in the very near future, I would be interested in checking it out.

If there is anyone else who has info pertaining to the PTG Rem 700 Blueprinted Combo Action please chime in or send me a PM if you do not wish to put it out there for the whole world to see. Thanks again.

WOW! I apologize to everyone. . .I didn't realize I was going to start a pi**ing contest. I thank you, FEENIX, for the link you sent regarding the action in question. . .I'll keep searching for more info. J.Russo, if the action you are representing is available in the very near future, I would be interested in checking it out.

If there is anyone else who has info pertaining to the PTG Rem 700 Blueprinted Combo Action please chime in or send me a PM if you do not wish to put it out there for the whole world to see. Thanks again.

No need to apologize, it was not you that started it. One thing I know is that Joel is one of the good people here in the forum.

Good luck!

BTW, I ran into this video from http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5629146/2 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=49cttyGZbBI#t=0

adam32;1153883 And your website still says "Coming Soon"...so how is a person supposed to buy an action? Or said:
We certainly understand your frustration, and have been cognizant of it. It's been quite an engineering feat to accomplish what we have with a 3 lug action, and it has taken considerable time. That is why we did not accept pre orders over the past year. Had we taken all the money that customers wanted to throw at us for advanced orders, we would have been in a bad position.lightbulb
We incurred no debt, which is a great position to be in when introducing a new product into the market.

If you have certain questions about any of our products, please fell free to call us.

I apologize to Steel Slinger if I hijacked the thread, my intent was to offer him a viable option.

I don't know what you see but this is what I show when I check their website ...

CURTIS%20ACTION_zpsnf3xrbwx.jpg

lightbulbSpeaking of pimping, weren't you advertising your business as a non-paying sponsor when Len Backus the site owner notified you about your sig line advertisement violation? lightbulb

Click on where it says Read More...you'll see Coming Soon! Please do some due diligence before trying to make me look like something I'm not.

As for advertising, nope I haven't heard a thing from Len, ever. Only just yesterday after I posted in this thread did my signature disappear and yet I still haven't heard anything from Len. So one can only assume it was you that had something to do with it....lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.