Reloading shop damaged by the hurricane

Act of God clause...if the water damage occurred from within the house(including exterior spigot) the damage should be covered 100 percent....
But damages from exterior water (like rain) they have only portions they will cover..even if you have flood insurance.....
Biggest ripoff in industry....put billions into their building..ball parks..and pockets......

Well, the reloading room is nearly back in order. I should be up and running to reload this weekend. All the drywall and sanding is done in the other two rooms. I just have lots of painting to do then the flooring.

Attachments

• 20200911_094600.jpg
    20200911_094600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Nicely done. Looked at the before and after pics, and just noticed the shadow of your hand and phone in the first. Larger than life....
Edit to add, re: insurance. I've been with the same agent for >30 years, and she lets me know of changes to the policy that may affect me if they should be needed. Biggest one was loss coverage, moving from deductible to percentage. Basically a lot like health insurance over the past 20 years, but not nearly as premium if I want to have minimal deductions. There is no "act of God" or force majeure in my policies. Since 2000, had three claims - totaled vehicle (rear-ended by texting driver), $10K oriental ruined by leaky roof, and stolen laptop, all 100% covered/replaced/repaired. IMO, the extra fee over all those years has been well worth it.

Last edited:
Looks nice!! That was A LOT of work! Did you have to do anything special to prevent mold from getting established?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.