Redding offering to better match my chamber

bob4

Recently I thought I had a problem with a Redding Type S die.( .270 win) I contacted Redding and they got back to me asking me to send the die in with a few fired cases and said they could better match chamber and happily polish. Naturally I fessed up to " It was my mistake".
They seem to be offering a custom type service to better match my chamber and I have to wonder is it worth it ? Pros and cons is what I'm looking for.
One I can think of is, if I ever sell the rifle I may as well toss in the die? Is this die only good for this rifle?
I am not an F class shooter ( by any stretch) but certainly looking for the nicest grouping with low ES and SD.

I would send it in. The polishing will make easier on your brass. They may decide to send you another die with specs closer to your chamber. Usually a 7-8 day turnaround. You'll only be out postage to Redding, one way.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.