• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED recommended loading dies

drpbroun5

I need to purchase some new loading dies for several calibers ( 7STW, 280 AI, 30 Super, 270 Win, 264 Win Mag). It has been awhile since I bought any. I have used standard, neck sizing and arbor type dies in the past. Is there a consensus on the best dies to use for long range accurate loading for hunting purposes? I would appreciate as many recommendations as I can get along with the pros and cons with each. Thanks.
Paul

I've used mostly RCBS, but just got a set of the Hornady New Dimension dies for .280 Rem. and have loaded 20 rds. with them. The workmanship is first rate, and they load concentric ammo. I also like the shape of the expander plug. One thing to watch: if the dies are for a cartridge which is chambered in pump rifles or semi-autos, like the .280, they will squeeze the fired cases smaller than factory ammo. You have to back the die out to stop excessive resizing, even for tight chambered bolt guns.

Their customer and tech service is excellent.

Worth trying, Tom

I use redding full length and lee neck dies. I like them both. I wouldn't say one is better then the other, the lee is easier because you dont have to use lube, but if you get a s bushing die I hear you dont have to use lube with them and you can neck size only with a full length die, dont know how just have heard you can do it, that way you can bump the shoulder if need be. Alot of my friends swear by rcbs but i have never used them. I think when its time for me to get new dies I am going to get the s bushing die and try it.