Recoil abatement

hunter67wa

Hello all, I just took possession of my new cans. Im wanting to build a 28 Sherman. With the can on will I be able to spot my own hits with the 28 or should I build a 6.5. I would like to keep rifle down between 8-9 lbs.

Thank you in advance.

Shouldn't make any difference if the can is on or off.
Does your rifle kick straight back or kick up.
The extra weight helps keep the barrel down a little on all my rifles.
Shot an elk in the neck at 200 yds. watched it hit and collapse. No can on this one. Light mountain, 280 Rem. bipods, prone.
Practice and learn to shoot the one you want to have.
The can has it's benefits.

I agree. I have a 284 and in the right position can spot my hits. I was just curious about cans as I have not had the experience with them. I was just wondering if the can reduced recoil enough to spot hits all the time.

In my limited experience, suppressors reduce recoil but not to the same extent or in the same fashion as a good muzzle brake. I find it easier to spot my own shots with a brake than with a can.

I agree as I have shot brakes on PRS rifles and they are great except they are like the clap, nobody wants to be around you. lol

Even when we shoot varmints with the 22=250, we watch the hit. Alot.
But nothing is an "all the time" cure.
Never shot a brake, so I can't comment on them. Shot next to one...Didn't like it.
Solid rest, keep the barrel down, practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.