Reamer throat dimensions?

rtsj

Got 4 prints for the 6.5-06 AI and am going to make a custiom Carbide reamer at my shop. I am a precision grinder and have made chamber reamers in the past. I got a couple reamer prints for the 6.5-06 AI and all the dimensions are the same execpt the throat lengths . Was wandering what lenth to go with being that i'm going to be shooting the 130-140 Berger VLD's 95% of the time.

Thanks Roy

Got 4 prints for the 6.5-06 AI and am going to make a custiom Carbide reamer at my shop. I am a precision grinder and have made chamber reamers in the past. I got a couple reamer prints for the 6.5-06 AI and all the dimensions are the same execpt the throat lengths . Was wandering what lenth to go with being that i'm going to be shooting the 130-140 Berger VLD's 95% of the time.

Thanks Roy

I would go with .225 and if later you wanted to go more you can order/build a throating
reamer.

The Berger's can be seated out further than most other bullets so the throat does not have
to be as deep.

You might give the reamer makers (PT&G or Mansion) a call and get there opinion.

J E CUSTOM

You might shoot elkaholic (Rich Sherman) a PM, he has a chambering called the 6.5 Sherman that is perfectly set up for the 140 Berger!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.