RCBS Bench Primer or Frankford Arsenal Perfect Seat Hand Primer

Hi all, looking to pick up a new priming tool and was wondering if anyone has compelling arguments one way or another towards either the RCBS Bench Primer or the FA Perfect Seat Hand Primer? To date I've been using the Lee Hand Primer and want an upgrade. I originally wanted to go to a bench-mounted system, but the FA looks pretty great.

I know everyone loves to recommend the Primal Rights CPS. In a perfect world where I grow my money on the money tree I would get one. In this world I won't. I've also thought hard about the 21st Century or Sinclair primers, but for how good of a price I can get the FA for, I'm not sure that the quality trade off is enough to justify spending the roughly 3-4x I'd spend.

Any recommendations one way or another would be much appreciated!

Hi all, looking to pick up a new priming tool and was wondering if anyone has compelling arguments one way or another towards either the RCBS Bench Primer or the FA Perfect Seat Hand Primer? To date I've been using the Lee Hand Primer and want an upgrade. I originally wanted to go to a bench-mounted system, but the FA looks pretty great.

I know everyone loves to recommend the Primal Rights CPS. In a perfect world where I grow my money on the money tree I would get one. In this world I won't. I've also thought hard about the 21st Century or Sinclair primers, but for how good of a price I can get the FA for, I'm not sure that the quality trade off is enough to justify spending the roughly 3-4x I'd spend.

Any recommendations one way or another would be much appreciated!
Tough decision. If all your loading is done in the loading room. I would go with a bench mount. But I have the FA also. And it does just as well. And is more portable. Here's another option. Check out the Lee priming tool. But make sure to get the right one. F class John has a few videos on this also.

Last edited:
Someone I know who is waaay into the details of loading precision ammo (He builds rifles and loads custom ammo for customers) just told me the other day: The best priming tool on the market is the CPS. And #2 (he thought i wouldnt believe it) is the FA, and it's surprisingly good.

I told him I sure do believe it, I bought one a few months ago and it works very well, .001 adjustments and a positive hard stop.

I have the CPS and love it, but for general priming duties, a hand primer is easy to master. Not so much for my damaged hands, but you get the gist.
Now, I will also add, that I had the RCBS Bench Priming tool that used the plastic strips, the tool worked OK, but those strips were a PITA to load. I also have the priming system on my RCBS Turret press that uses a primer tube, and it works well too, the feel isn't bad, but a FA would be better. I have used so many different priming tools, and a hand primer gives the best feel for when the primer bottoms out. I had the 21st Century, sold it last year, and it was fantastic.

Cheers.