Rats in a Hay Stack

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Have not seen rats like this in a confined space. Saw hundreds on a riverbank and railroad Yard.
When I had a Horse Farm we had a separate Tac Room and Feed Room along with a hay loft. In the Feed room we kept the grain in 55 gallon steel barrels. Well we ran out of steel drums and had several Plastic/rubber 40-gallon cans. Never had a problem with rats for years. There was a Goat Dairy Farm across the road and they got infested. Well, the next thing we had rats. One day I opened the lid from a Plastic Can and a dozen RATS jumped up at me. Scared the heck out of me and the chase went on. Those rats were hopping through our yard like Kangaroos with me chasing them trying to flatten them out with a manure shovel yelling and screaming. If only it was recorded. Only got two out of twelve. They ran hopped so fast. I looked at the plastic/rubber can and there was a hole the size of a softball chewed in the bottom. The next few days i was shooting them with the Savage 39 and Remm 1100.
This video is how fast they multiply. You should see the rats in SE Asia or India.

Here's the full story, in all its gruesome details:

An semi automatic airgun would have been a good tool there..... EDgun Leshiy 2 maybe (pic below).

Matthias

EDgun. Leshiy 2 #01.jpg

Here's the full story, in all its gruesome details:

An semi automatic airgun would have been a good tool there..... EDgun Leshiy 2 maybe (pic below).

Matthias

View attachment 423200
I am more interested in that Air Rifle than the Rats!!!!
What is the info on it???

Thanks
Len & Jill

Back in the early 2000's I had 3 Russell terriers (short legged) that were awesome ratters. We had a 32' travel trailer that got infested with field mice. Turned those 3 loose and all hell broke loose. They must have killed at least 50 mice. I sure miss my terriers. I also trained them to track deer. They were pretty good at tracking. It was just hard to keep track of them in the south Texas brush, so I had to put bells on their collar to keep track of them.
Screenshot_20221230_215530_Facebook.jpg

Back in the early 2000's I had 3 Russell terriers (short legged) that were awesome ratters. We had a 32' travel trailer that got infested with field mice. Turned those 3 loose and all hell broke loose. They must have killed at least 50 mice. I sure miss my terriers. I also trained them to track deer. They were pretty good at tracking. It was just hard to keep track of them in the south Texas brush, so I had to put bells on their collar to keep track of them.
View attachment 423266
AWESOME PUPS!!!!