QuickLoad Half Nodes?

MSURunner

I've used QuickLoad a lot lately for some load development and have seemed to notice a trend that if the accuracy node does not line up with OBT expected node, it tends to be exactly between two expected nodes. Is this something others are seeing as well? It's nice to see expected velocities/pressures, but lately is seems like I'm doing a full ladder work up anyways, so QuickLoad is more of an extra, kinda unnecessary, data point.

QuickLoad is only to get you in the ballpark. I've always worked up my loads but I'm usually trying to get the fastest node at safe pressure. Different lots of the same powder may be close to the same burn rates or may not. Rarely have I had a node match QL prediction. QL helps me determine which powder looks the best as far as fill %, MV, and burn. I do use the faster node prediction for my point to back off roughly 10% but depending on case capacity, I load 0.3 or 0.4 or 0.5 grain increments and will also load two rounds past the prediction. Just watching for pressure, grouping, and MV.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts