Pulled Bullets?

Shubey

I use rcbs collet bullet puller. Seems this unit scars bullets! Will this affect accuracy? Please advise. D.

I was wondering about that!
YMMV

Better to get one of the hammer-looking kinetic bullet pullers too. They're affordable (Amazon).

Different bullets can require different extraction methods. i.e I don't think you'd want to use the hammer thing on a soft-point. The collet puller won't work so well on pistol bullets deeply seated into a case.

If they get marked up use them for foulers. I use a grip n pull and usually they pull without any issues. Only way to find out is test them. I have used some with minor marks and didn't notice a difference, but that was not at long distance.

I just had a rainy day and used the RCBS collet bullet puller to clean out my "pull" box. I just toss the pulled projectiles in the appropriate boxes and run them as-is for PRS competition. Most of my pulls were 134ELDM (setting up new dies), 115DTACs, and 75ELDMs. No visible damage to the pulled bullets.

(That way when I miss - I say it must have been one of those pulled bullets!)

I just had a rainy day and used the RCBS collet bullet puller to clean out my "pull" box. I just toss the pulled projectiles in the appropriate boxes and run them as-is for PRS competition. Most of my pulls were 134ELDM (setting up new dies), 115DTACs, and 75ELDMs. No visible damage to the pulled bullets.

(That way when I miss - I say it must have been one of those pulled bullets!)
Good train of thought!