primers that aren't win, fed, cci or rem

ARlife4me

seeing how some are being labeled/designated (ref: magtech 9 1/2) are they the same as others that are labeled identically? with many others coming onto the market, what have you tried against past usages? i've used magtech ammo in 44mag for decades that have been good and w/o issues. up until the last 10 years i've only used cci in 350, 200 and 250's, so even the fed, rem and win's are new to me. i know someone will most likely be stating the obvious reloading precautions when it comes to new and undeveloped loads, so i'll save the time and let you know i'm aware of them.

There have been posts asking about new primer or at least new to the market in my area. The answer is usually "They all went pop."
I have been curious as to whether anyone has tested them in known loads and how they performed. I was well stocked on primers before this shortage and massive price increase started, so I have not purchaesd Ginex or the Magtech brands, but I am curious how they have worked out for others who may have experimented with them. @ARlife4me, thanks for posting.

There have been posts asking about new primer or at least new to the market in my area. The answer is usually "They all went pop."
I have been curious as to whether anyone has tested them in known loads and how they performed. I was well stocked on primers before this shortage and massive price increase started, so I have not purchaesd Ginex or the Magtech brands, but I am curious how they have worked out for others who may have experimented with them. @ARlife4me, thanks for posting.
as far as testing goes, it would be expensive at today's prices for sure! i'll hopefully by several different brands before the end of this year to test in 308win and possible in some short mags?

Recent Posts