Prairie dogs in wyo

Humpy73

Me and a buddy are looking to head to Wyoming for 2-3 days to shoot prairie dogs. Is there anyone willing to help out?

If you have never been before do your homework before you go. Check with the State & Bureau of Land Mgt. (BLM) for places to go.

Preparing for my first trip there I got a bunch of maps from BLM to review. I still take them with me each year.

You can also review Base Maps, subscription base. Base Maps or a similar one will tell you land owners name, land boundaries, BLM land, etc. I like Base Maps since you get all of the Continental US where some subscriptions charge you for each state. With a little searching from your home computer you should be able to contact some land owners.

If you want to have an outfitter to take you out, check out this website, Ultimate Prairie Dog Hunts. I've never used this website other than looking around so I don't know anything about the guides. However, don't expect any of the outfitters to point you in the free direction to hunt.

If you're only going for that short of a time period, I doubt you'll have any luck getting a place to hunt without doing lots of research first.

If you have never been before do your homework before you go. Check with the State & Bureau of Land Mgt. (BLM) for places to go.

Preparing for my first trip there I got a bunch of maps from BLM to review. I still take them with me each year.

You can also review Base Maps, subscription base. Base Maps or a similar one will tell you land owners name, land boundaries, BLM land, etc. I like Base Maps since you get all of the Continental US where some subscriptions charge you for each state. With a little searching from your home computer you should be able to contact some land owners.

If you want to have an outfitter to take you out, check out this website, Ultimate Prairie Dog Hunts. I've never used this website other than looking around so I don't know anything about the guides. However, don't expect any of the outfitters to point you in the free direction to hunt.

If you're only going for that short of a time period, I doubt you'll have any luck getting a place to hunt without doing lots of research first.
Very sound advise