Potential record bull - Riodoso NM Archery

Rulon and family are good people.

I was one of the only ones that voiced positive opinions when they were going through the process of getting a special use permit for their operation.

The cowboy population and most others were really against the idea and darn rude.

I offered security services, pro bono, during construction. Got turned down. Bad decision. 6-wheeler driven off a cliff and a few other minor incidents.:rolleyes:

Im with The cowboy population...find it and kill it yourself or go some other place and pay to shoot at fenced in game. I know family and friends that have lived in idaho all there lives and have hunted for years and never will get close to anyting real big let alone seeing them. But thats part of hunting and being a hunter....its just not hunting in my book when you play hunter on a game farm.
either way that is one BIG elk!! I hope people dont think there is that size game around idaho now after seeing this because there is no such luck other then the 1 in 1,000,000s like this!

Im with The cowboy population...find it and kill it yourself or go some other place and pay to shoot at fenced in game. I know family and friends that have lived in idaho all there lives and have hunted for years and never will get close to anyting real big let alone seeing them. But thats part of hunting and being a hunter....its just not hunting in my book when you play hunter on a game farm.
either way that is one BIG elk!! I hope people dont think there is that size game around idaho now after seeing this because there is no such luck other then the 1 in 1,000,000s like this!

Not to argue.... to continue the conversation......

I've been skunked on every elk hunt I've been on. I've traipsed for miles all over several elk units for 31 years. Got two shots at a mach 1 running spike one time. Shot way behind him both times, at 120 yds. :rolleyes: They are faster than they look!

My best "hunt" was 30 days of spotting for hour upon hour from two shooting spots. Was a great experience and saw elk nearly every day. Line of sight they were too far to shoot, except one. Terrain wise there were too many hours involved to get to them.

I don't consider that the kind of hunting I am used to. As the bones get older its more of the kind of activity I appreciate. All else remains the same except for the traipsing up and down the mountains. Scouting, planning, driving long distances and all kinds of expenses apply.

All I want is a shot, a chance to see bullet terminal performance and have meat on the table.

With that criteria, other than the outdoor experience, Rulon's place is the place to go. Or one like. 2000 acres of pristine mountain country, 30 minutes from home, and a guaranteed shot.

If I wouldn't have spent so much on rifles I could afford a horned hunt. For what I want a cow will do.:)

As far as Rulon's place impacting others and native game, it wasn't much.

The land was all private before he bought it. Owned by old timers. A person should be able to do with their property as they desire. Nothing wrong with that.

The native elk population, make a small detour around one corner of the "fence".

The only group severely impacted, who voiced themselves, are a few snowmobile riders.

There's room for all around this neck of the woods.

Overall Rulon's operation, as I see it, has been a plus for Bingham County Idaho.

Yep Roy, in 30 years the guy will be hearald as the man who kept elk from extinction,lightbulb
that fence will keep out the wolves, and some day game depts may be buying his elk to reproduce on the lands once dominated by wolves. (after people come to there sences and we kill them all)gun)

yep roy, in 30 years the guy will be hearald as the man who kept elk from extinction,lightbulb
that fence will keep out the wolves, and some day game depts may be buying his elk to reproduce on the lands once dominated by wolves. (after people come to there sences and we kill them all)gun)

you beat me to it ,,,i was going to say the same thing..keeps the wolves out.....it may be the only place left to hunt or even see a elk.

Roy

In Western Wyoming, not far from you, Wyoming Game and Fish offers reduced price $350. cow calf hunts in several areas that have herd numbers over management objectives. Not a far drive for you and good odds, I am 66 and have been to Wyoming 6 times and killed an elk every time. If you just want a good hunt with a chance for meat. PM me and we can chat.
Former Idaho Resident!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.