places to shoot 500 ++ in PA??

Hey all! I just wanted to throw myself in the mix. I live in Eastern Pa, just south of Quakertown. I'm looking for a range, public or private) to shoot out to 500+. I'd like the chance to shoot to 800, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Can anyone here help me out?

-Mega

I found another range in pa which has a 500 yard range. It is with the Portage Sportsmans Club. I am going to go check it out and I will get back to you all with the information! After looking on the map, it is closer to Puritan off of route 164.

Pennsylvania Gun Club Listing - Traderscreek.com

I'm in Lancaster County and there's not many options within a reasonable driving distance for a "quick" trip to the range...I don't have that much time to get out very often with a 2 year old and one on the way, and obligations to the reserves.

Atglen is full and not accepting applications. Almost an hour away.

New Holland Rifle/Pistol Club is $75 + $250 ($300 for family) initiation fee. Goes out to 600 yards, but the initiation fee...ouch.

Blue Ridge Sportsmen's Club - over an hour to northern Harrisburg - goes out to 300.

I'm looking into some other local clubs, but there aren't many options over 300 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.