Pin welding

In_Him

Any suggestions on a suppressor that could be disassembled easily for cleaning and be pin welded for an 8.6BLK? New to suppressors and my goal is to not SBR my build but rather get the suppressor.

The Silencer Central Banish 338 is user serviceable and 5/8-24 direct thread.

Not sure what your barrel threads are? I have a 8.6 BLK barrel from Faxon, it's an oddball threading @ M18x1.5.

This Griffin is also user serviceable. It has different mounting options. I've read about welding the mount to the barrel and then pining the suppressor to the mount, so you're not drilling into the barrel.

Last edited:
Faxon sells a HUB-spec brake works with their M18-1.5 TAPER threads on the barrel, so you can avoid using the spacer. I use a Hybrid 46 on my 8.6 BLKs, take out the threaded insert and screw it directly to the brake.

If the suppressor comes apart and you can remove the tube from the end cap it wouldn't meet the length requirements unless you drilled/pinned/welded the brake to the barrel, then welded the suppressor tube and endcap together. If you don't want an SBR get the 16" barrel, or put it in a pistol chassis. 4" isn't a big deal.

Recent Posts