PB - Bow Whitetail 10-3-2020

CaptnC

Yeap, it was opening afternoon here in Texas. I took my Personal Best WT buck.

I've been bow hunting since 1979. I've hunted with a wide range of bows from longbow to hi-tech compound bows. I even bought a couple DIY compound bow kits that I built. Even took several WT and hogs with it.

I've lost track of all the deer, hogs, turkey and exotics I've taken with a bow, but this year has been my best season so far.

I didnt hunt Saturday morning because I didnt want to bump him in the pre-dawn dark. Right now deer aren't moving very far in our part of Texas. So it's pretty tricky to hunt the AM. I drove up Saturday morning, so the PM hunt would be my first chance to try for the 11pt from last year.

Screenshot_2019-11-03-18-20-53.png

Last year he became nocturnal about the 2nd week of November. The deer started keying on the massive amount of white acorns that started fall 2nd week and continued to fall into the beginning of January.

For some reason (I thought he might be going down hill but according to his tooth wear he is only 5.5yo.

This is also the first buck that I've targeted with him being the one and only buck during bow season. As I said I thought he was going down hill because he only had 8pts this year.

Screenshot_20201003-162030_Gallery.jpg

Even without his horns he was easy to spot. You can see he has a white spot on his right front leg. I wish I had remembered to take a close up picture of it but I forgot.
Screenshot_20201003-161746_Gallery.jpg

I ended up using the cow panels (seen in the back ground in the above photo) to create a pinch point forcing him to come within 19 yards!

But I had to dodge a legal shooter while waiting on my buck to close in on my hide.
20201003_184007.jpg

20201003_192444.jpg

20201003_202315.jpg

He was big ol' deer too!

Watched him fall at rough 50 yards with a sweet heart shot!
20201004_062906.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.