Pawnee Grasslands

The pawnee Grass lands are not just a shooting range. The reason why people leave their garbage out there is because it's public land.

So it's not a typical shooting range with benches and back stops etc...

But the great thing about shooting out there is that you can shoot as long of targets as you want! Ilive about 10 minutes away from where the majority of the shooting goes on out there. But i prefer todrive a ways to get off the beaten path and get away from the crowds.

Went t pawnee 2 weeks ago. It was perfect quite with no one around but i did get there at 5:30 am sunday morning got busy around 9 but but by then i was leaving going to go back in a week or so to try some loads from 300 to 600 yds if lucky maybe up to 1000 with ny 7 rem mag . Anyone know of any praire shooting areas around there just picked a new 22-250 from a buddy of mine and want to try it out.

Have any of you been to the Comanche grasslands in southern CO. Is target shooting there the same as Pawnee? I cant seem to find much info on shotting in Comanche NG or San Isabel Forest.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.