Over/Unders

longrangehuntr

Wondering what everyone is using for Over/Over under shotguns, ga, loads and chokes. Looking to get a Winchester 101 in 12ga.

Except for ducks and geese, I don't shoot anything bigger than 28 gauge. I have a Browning Cynergy 28 ga that I use for skeet (4 walks per week), doves, and quail. It's ballanced perfectly, with some help, and fits me very well. Extended Briley chokes in SKT, IC, and LM are all I need. My next shotgun will be a 20 ga 391 for ducks in the timber.

O/U and SxS are great for upland. I use a Browning Citori 12ga and my father has 12ga and 20ga Win 101's. With choke tubes usually shooting is fairly close so I go with IC or light Mod and Mod. Late season when pheasants are pretty skittish I will just move to 3" mag # 4 or 6 and tighten up to mod and Improved mod. Granted a lot of times I use a 16ga SxS too.

Various Berettas in 12 and 20 for live birds. Assortment of chokes, Briley and Muller. 101 is a great shotgun, chokes depend on the purpose. Get a little more specific with you quarry and can advise on chokes

I don't have one myself but for a long while I used a friends Ruger Red Label over/under 28 gauge. That was one smooth pointing lightweight shotgun and I killed many quail with it.

Various Berettas in 12 and 20 for live birds. Assortment of chokes, Briley and Muller. 101 is a great shotgun, chokes depend on the purpose. Get a little more specific with you quarry and can advise on chokes

How do you like the Mueller Chokes?

I shoot a lot of competative sporting clays. They pattern better than anything without a hot core and I really like how easy they are to clean.

I wanted an over/under that shot 3.5" shells so I could take it goose and turkey hunting. I bought a Browning Cynergy.

The crazy looking recoil pad works awesome. I honestly can't feel the difference between the 2-3/4" 8's I use for sporting clays and the big 3-1/2" BBB I use for geese. It works awesome.

I have shot a Winchester Select for the past few years in 12ga 30in ported barrels. Love it, soft recoil no barrel rise.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.