Opinions on scope rings for x-bolt

Looking at mounting a scope on a new browning x-bolt 300 win mag. Thinking about getting the vortex viper 4x16x50. Any recommendations on scope rings?
Look in the classifieds on here. Someone had a bunch of different makes of rings for a good deal. And he did list Abolt

Last edited:
Looking at mounting a scope on a new browning x-bolt 300 win mag. Thinking about getting the vortex viper 4x16x50. Any recommendations on scope rings?
Do you have a budget in mind? I do not want to assume anything, but since it is a .300 WM (which remains my go-to chambering), you will use it as LRH/S. If so, IIWY, I'd put and bed a 20 MOA rail, and your choices for rings increase by X-fold. If this is within your budget, I like this ...

1724755092234.png

Good luck!

Last edited:
Badger Ordnance Max 50 steel rings or the Burris Xtreme rings in aluminum. Both are 6-screws/ring. As with others, I use Talley rails - usually with the 20-degree slope.

Last edited:
Hi , Talley products are great, Burins is very good too!! I am a fan of Leupold Steel Rings and Bases for mounting a scope on a HUNTIUNG RIFLE! A Rifle that may see rough duty and be used in inclement weather. Maybe very cold Temps, maybe frozen rain, perhaps Ice on the rifle. I have used Leupold Dual Dove Tail Rings and Bases, and also the Leupold Mark series bases also steel, with the cross slots. For a hunting rig, I prefer RIDGID Fixation with very little chance of any movement, even after numerous shots from a magnum. Yes!! Its old school, thinking, not very Tactical looking, just strong and simple, but my preference. Good luck buddy!!

Attachments

• Weatherby mark V in 270 Weatherby mag  with Leupold scope 2021.jpg
    Weatherby mark V in 270 Weatherby mag with Leupold scope 2021.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 49
I initially mounted a scope on my Browning X-Bolt HCLRMcM using a picatinny rail offered by Browning and some Browning rings. Both of which are made by Talley. I needed the scope mounted lower than what that setup was allowing, even though I used low rings.

I switched to the one piece Browning rings made by Talley and by eliminating the picatinny base, I was able to set the scope down lower using the one piece rings. Scope height wound up being perfect for my application.

My scope I chose is a 4x-20x-52 Leupold VX5HD, which for me is a good choice. I've shot this rig out to 1,100 yards successfully on steel targets.

Only photo I currently have showing the scope and mount setup.

Attachments

• 28 Nosler buck 2.jpeg
    28 Nosler buck 2.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 39
I have these on multiple X Bolts and other guns . One piece cnc makes them easy to install and they've never caused any issues, even when crawling on the ground they stay true. My experience.

Recent Posts