Odd Leupold Long Range Reticle - Pic

TonyRumore

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get this sighted-in at shorter ranges. Starting off with a newly mounted scope at 500 yards, is most likely not going to hit the paper. Any tips on getting this up and running at 100 yards? (Leupold fixed 10X)

Tony

7XqtZB8.jpg

Premier reticles did a lot of different reticle designs back in the day; I wonder if this is theirs. They only did work on Leupolds. I had a few made up with stadia line to bracket a 15" target and 500, 600, and 700 before laser rangefinders came out.

Chron your load. Figure your drop for 500 for the bullet you will be using and set up a target at 100 with 2 bullseyes that distance apart. Aim at the bottom one, sight in hits on the top one.

Chron your load. Figure your drop for 500 for the bullet you will be using and set up a target at 100 with 2 bullseyes that distance apart. Aim at the bottom one, sight in hits on the top one.
That sounds like a good plan. However, I am guessing the scope/reticle is setup to be installed on a 20MOA downward slanting mount?????
If the scope is mounted parallel to the barrel, using that 500 yard hash at the top of the scope is going to put the bullet in the dirt way, way, low......or am I wrong?

Tony

Isn't your elevation adjustment already compensating for that because the top hash mark is above the centerline of the scope?
I have to think about that......