Odd Findings During A Velocity Test

I saw a video on backfire that noted how big the velocity lies are on the 7PRC factory ammo. Box says 3000fps from a 24" when actual is 200fps slower. He attributed it to rivalry between the 7PRC & 6.8 Western.

I have seen sub-MOA handload data with 65gr RL26 and hornady brass launch the 175 Eldx 3060fps, but it was shot from a 30" barreled HS precision heavy tactical rifle.

2 things I chuckle about on any reloading forum. AI cartridges and using hard brass to make speed because the softer brass shows pressure issues "early". I just steer away and run something with a big enough chamber that I can run it mild (or normal with regular brass) at the speed I want. I'm running a mild loading with h50bmg with my short throat 7rum and netting 2900 fps with the 175 eldx.

As far as the o.p., it looks like she's settled in well around 70 grains. It's a bit disconcerting how much speed you are stacking on without moving the powder charge much. A bit slower powder may be in order if you have case capacity to calm things down (x and sd) a bit.

When a case blows a primer and 2 more with the same powder charge may or may not show pressure, a chuckle is the last thing that comes to mind.
Used what I had to during the crunch, and learned a lasting lesson.
High dollar, very unpredictable garbage comes in very nicely decorated boxes.

When a case blows a primer and 2 more with the same powder charge may or may not show pressure, a chuckle is the last thing that comes to mind.
Used what I had to during the crunch, and learned a lasting lesson.
High dollar, very unpredictable garbage comes in very nicely decorated boxes.
I've stuck with brands like Rem, Win, and Hornady and have had basically zero issues. A couple loose pockets when I was working things up, but loads were pulled and that was that. I've had a few poorly annealed necks but those sort themselves out quickly.

I'm not chuckling at fact that there could be rifle damage or that it's a hazard, It's the attitude that the rules don't apply to them.