Nosler Quality Control

Ive had a few issues with Nosler quality and they didn't refund or stand behind their product when I contacted them. I really wanted to support a local company (who's done good things in their community) but just cant afford to waste my time and money on them anymore.

I was out ringing steel at 1100 today with my .260 AI and didn't see the replies until now.

I did contact Nosler and sent them pictures on Friday. Haven't heard back, yet. I agree at almost $1 a bullet they should not look like they were scooped up from the parking lot.

If accuracy and precision rely on consistency then any inconsistencies will have an effect. I don't even know how to respond to the idea that damaged crowns and damaged bullet bases won't have an affect.

I have seen a lot of bullets with uneven and damaged tips from several companies. None were 'seconds', cosmetic stuff doesn't really matter, does it?
Have had Accubonds that lost their plastic tips, they still shot into the group with those that still had tips at 300.

Cheers.
Now you are just shooting Hollow points vs tipped ! Shouldn't be a difference.....but out of round anywhere on a projectile...can't be good ...at least I wouldn't think it is.

I took a tour of the Nosler bullet plant. I saw their light table QC. Lots of eyes and better eyes than mine. I came away very impressed with their QC inspection. The day I visited, I saw brand new tooling on a bullet that had never been made before, 140 gr .264 Ballistic Tips. But they had to adjust the jacket trim length, core mass and seating pressure and a whole host of things because it was new. I believe that those bullet bases were damaged in transport to your loading bench.
Have you seen Hornady's packaging for their most expensive offering the Aluminum tipped bullets. Each bullet is separated by plastic into its own compartment, to prevent damage like you showed in the photo?

Recent Posts