Nosler Quality Control

A A Ron

Any one else seen a box of Nosler bullets with bases this beat up? Seating depth aside I don't know how they could accurate with the base edge dented randomly.

Attachments

• 20240926_212627.jpg
    20240926_212627.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 22
Probably so but if this is acceptable QC, what else is acceptable?
I have seen a lot of bullets with uneven and damaged tips from several companies. None were 'seconds', cosmetic stuff doesn't really matter, does it?
Have had Accubonds that lost their plastic tips, they still shot into the group with those that still had tips at 300.

Cheers.

Why would anyone want to shoot round bullets?

Millennials and gen-z'ers in the workforce. Ever notice how EVERY publication now has poor grammar and misspellings as well as references to things that are just plain wrong?
I've noticed to times that people use the proper word two explain an occurrence or too.

Flat base bullets need a consistent release of gas at the muzzle, hence why the crown is important. A damaged base will cause more problems on flat base bullets. A boat tail is likely less to be as affected, but I argue there is still an effect.

In general the overall qc of this lot gave me fits seating. The cbto was all over the place. These are 190 ABLR.

They did not shoot well.

Flat base bullets need a consistent release of gas at the muzzle, hence why the crown is important. A damaged base will cause more problems on flat base bullets. A boat tail is likely less to be as affected, but I argue there is still an effect.

In general the overall qc of this lot gave me fits seating. The cbto was all over the place. These are 190 ABLR.

They did not shoot well.
A perfect crown doesn't make much difference if you have an uneven bullet base.