New to reloading which primers to use

orangelightening

Hello all, i have a few questions. I am new to firearms. I am from Canada and just got my license last year. Due to the pandemic i am aware there's a shortage on reloading supplies but we've been hit bad especially here and still hard to come by, so as supplies pops up and comes available i'd like to purchase it while i can despite not knowing anything about reloading yet. I own a Tikka T3X CTR in .308 I am currently looking at purchasing some primers as they've finally come in stock online but i honestly don't have a clue which i should buy. I am looking at Federal 210 large rifle primers. However i also see 215. I was considering picking up the 210 but don't want to waste the money if they're not even the ones i need

Also second question. What is the best reloading manual that could help a noob such as myself learn. Last question which reloading brand would you recommend? i am not fully aware of all the reloading brands but i've been into cabelas looking around and they have lyman, and nosler which are the two brands i see most of, i'm sure there's tons of others. Thanks in advance and apologies for the rookie questions

Welcome to the site. When it comes to primers, get what you can find in large rifle. There is no need for large rifle magnum primers for a .308. Since you stated that you are not reloading yet, watch some you tube videos about reloading. Ultimate Reloader is a good place to start. As far as reloading equipment brands, they all work. Check the classified ads on here for used stuff to get started, or local classified ads. Good luck, be safe and remember that reloading is a fun hobby. Don't make it a chore.

Welcome to the site. When it comes to primers, get what you can find in large rifle. There is no need for large rifle magnum primers for a .308. Since you stated that you are not reloading yet, watch some you tube videos about reloading. Ultimate Reloader is a good place to start. As far as reloading equipment brands, they all work. Check the classified ads on here for used stuff to get started, or local classified ads. Good luck, be safe and remember that reloading is a fun hobby. Don't make it a chore.
Will definitely check those out. Cheers

Recent Posts